DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The Great North American Total Solar Eclipse - Apr. 8, 2024

rickmurray1989

Reactions
In August 2017, I had the privilege of photographing the total solar eclipse over the city in which I live, Hendersonville, TN. I photographed all phases of the event through multiple telescopes and cameras, but I didn't get any aerial views, despite having my then current Phantom 3 Pro on standby. Flash forward to 2024 and the Great North American Eclipse on April 8. This time, we traveled to Metropolis, IL to set up and capture the event. In addition, this time, I had my Air 3, and I was able to launch about 8 minutes before totality to prepare to capture a 360° spherical panorama. Given the slight pick up in the wind during totality, I wasn't sure if it would work or not, as the Air 3 is notorious for getting partially through a spherical pano and stopping with the dreaded "aircraft moving... try again message." This time, I was able to capture two full panos during the eclipse, along with imaging through my three ground telescopes. Here is one of them.360_DJI_20240408140038_0667_D_MBMA3-Edit-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

Astounding Rick….well done sir.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Fantastic!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J