DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The grift that keeps on grifting.

I'm not sure performance would be affected, at least in terms of flight speeds, ability to produce thrust, but possibly less efficient, reducing flight times. Master Airscrew spends a year trying to squeeze 5% extra flight time with their props. My main concern is my observation that any wavy edge like I see here produces noisy props. My Evo 2 had a few similar props and they were noticeably louder.

Bottom line: If the waviness was desirable they would all be like that. My replacement came Monday with exactly one prop like this. The others are razor straight.
Sounds was my immediate concern, but I'm sure flight physics may be altered. And I don't think positively.

So you reached out via DJI's website and they sent you a new set? Or they just gave you some coupon code to order more?

Also, I wonder if they develop the waviness over time.

If the new M3 prop tips are this prone to distortion, I am going to have to rethink how I manage and store spares. With P3P and P4P props, I didn't give it much thought!

Only thing about the tips that I've noticed is that they have an orange rubber coating, I'm assuming to help prevent scratches on the sensors. I'll have to take a look at the tips now and further investigate the waviness.

I did notice that these M3 props appear to have some sort of stabilizing rod in them, which the M2P did not. I haven't checked out the Air 2/S ones, so can't comment on those.

It would really be cool if camera drones develop an aftermarket industry for props, much like the FPV market has.

Sounds was my immediate concern, but I'm sure flight physics may be altered. And I don't think positively.

So you reached out via DJI's website and they sent you a new set? Or they just gave you some coupon code to order more?

Also, I wonder if they develop the waviness over time.
Actually they replaced the entire fly more for defects in the props, drone cover (strap ripping from misaligned bonding thread) and a defective bag. They had no Spares. In the meantime they ALSO gave coupon code for 2 pair of props and the cover (good because the replacement is defective on a different way, sigh) but guess what? Neither available. First no cover, now neither cover nor PROPELLERS available. Seriously DJI? You have no props for your new product? They dropped the price though! Cheaper, but you can't get them. Much better. Good work there! I have like 22 days before the coupon code expires. It's a race to see if they re-up before that. Got the RC Pro in the meantime. Cannot use the SD card as memory. The option to use it as expanded memory is disabled. I can only use it to move files. Cannot download much video to the RC, since it only has 14 gb free internal memory out of the box. This better be fixed or it's a colossal joke. DJI support didn't know about it asked people to try different SD cards. I've tried multiple Sandisk Extremes and even a V90. NG. Another unfinished product, with a 50% price increase.

Actually they replaced the entire fly more for defects in the props, drone cover (strap ripping from misaligned bonding thread) and a defective bag. They had no Spares. In the meantime they ALSO gave coupon code for 2 pair of props and the cover (good because the replacement is defective on a different way, sigh) but guess what? Neither available. First no cover, now neither cover nor PROPELLERS available. Seriously DJI? You have no props for your new product? They dropped the price though! Cheaper, but you can't get them. Much better. Good work there! I have like 22 days before the coupon code expires. It's a race to see if they re-up before that. Got the RC Pro in the meantime. Cannot use the SD card as memory. The option to use it as expanded memory is disabled. I can only use it to move files. Cannot download much video to the RC, since it only has 14 gb free internal memory out of the box. This better be fixed or it's a colossal joke. DJI support didn't know about it asked people to try different SD cards. I've tried multiple Sandisk Extremes and even a V90. NG. Another unfinished product, with a 50% price increase.
Holy moly.

What is bonding thread and how is it misaligned? What problems does that cause?

And what is wrong with the bag?

There's so much to get to in your post, and I'll address the others a little later on...

Holy moly.

What is bonding thread and how is it misaligned? What problems does that cause?

And what is wrong with the bag?

There's so much to get to in your post, and I'll address the others a little later on...
The bag had a tumor in the lining. A massive lump of material - that made the pocket under the big flap with the back pack straps -sit open, even with an internal magnet intended to hold it closed. I suspect it was a dead Chinese mouse that made a home in there ( not really)
20211116_103714.jpg
20211116_103618.jpg
The strap was improperly sewn and was about to separate every time I stretched it:
20211115_202235.jpg

and at least half of the props had majorly wavy trailing edges:
20211115_101117.jpg

20211115_100903.jpg
The bag is creative and Convertible and I hate it.. It's super bulky for what it holds. If you could remove the Backpack straps and such, it would be much better. I will rarely if ever use it as a backpack, yet I must carry the backpack straps, rigging, and huge compartment (all squashed and zipped into a huge flap) around 100% of the time. Like my Evo 2 Pro Rugged Bundle which came in a suitcase sized hard case, that looked like I'm transporting a bomb, I got Autel's shoulder soft case that holds the drone 4 batteries, controller, 2 sets of filters and charger & hub if I wish. It is about 15% the size of the hard case, which I keep for travel or other scenarios. Not for trekking around with the drone.
In the following example (excuse the blasphemous move of posting an Autel here, lol) I forget to mention that I also put 2 sets of filters, in another compartment and the charger and hub in the side pockets in that tiny (relatively) soft case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan