DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The host usb-c port on the Mini 3 Pro RC DOES NOW WORK for recording audio during screen recordings! YAAY

Just verified that the RC for the Mini 3 pro can now accept a usb-c microphone to record audio on screen recordings. They must have fixed it during this latest FW update.

this make me very happy. šŸ˜šŸ‘
I know I have read discussions about this and people have claimed you can't record. So I was also very excited to read your post, and shared the news on a FB group.
I was told there that this feature has been active for a month at least, and this video was posted:
Interesting!

It was working when that video was made then an older update deactivated it. Now it's working again after this recent update. šŸ‘šŸ˜€

Reactions: Torque
I am using a DJI USB-C to TRS adapter with a TSR mic with no luck. What am I doing wrong. It works great with my DJI Osmo Pocket.

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I am using a DJI USB-C to TRS adapter with a TSR mic with no luck. What am I doing wrong.
I'm using a TRRS lavelier mic with no problem. I always screen record. Make sure you plug it in the left (Host) USB-C port...
NOTE: For me the DJI RC speaker stops working with the TRRS adapter plugged in and I haven't been able to get any headphones to work. Maybe Bluetooth speakers will.

M3P RC TRRS Mic.jpg

Yes, plugged into the host port, not the charging port. I start the screen recording and do some test voice but then when I stop screen recorder and playback, no voice. I wonder if it has to be TRRS mic adapter. Do I need to unplug adapter before playback.

Your TRS audio adapter is probably wired for an output for headphones from an USB-C. You want an adapter for mic inputting to USB-C like a TRRS adapter which has both headphone and mic wiring.

Yes the USB-C plug stops the audio playing to the RC speaker. Disconnect the USB-C from the host if you want to hear the recorded audio if playing back on the DJI RC. The audio works fine if you play the recording on your phone or computer provided you are using the correctly wired adapter. In my case the mic is wired to the last ring and the sleeve. The tip and first ring are for headphones which as I said are not working for me with the DJI RC.

I wonder if anyone has got external audio out of the DJI RC??

Still cannot get any sound. Works fine into phone but not the RC controller. I will keep experimenting

Reactions: Torque
Any ideas for stereo recording via the USB-C port on the RC controller?

I don't want to use wireless (due to potential RF interference between the Mini 3 Pro & the RC controller).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo