DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC 2 Screen Recording with AUDIO - wireless USB-C MIC - Audio Out of Sync

danCER

Reactions
Greetings!

I decided to try to record Audio along with my RC 2 Screen recording, so I purchased a wireless usb-c MIC from Amazon.
I tested the MIC and the audio was recorded on the video of the screen recording. It did not sound that bad for a cheap Amazon wireless MIC.

HOWEVER, the audio was way out of sync. I could fix this in Premiere Pro (of course), but is this the norm? I haven't seen any posts here concerning the out of sync issue. Is there a fix?
Is it because my MIC isn't by DJI?

Appreciate any thoughts from those who might have experienced the problem and any solutions.
Thanks!

Has nothing to do with a non-DJI mic. If you want to sync it, stand in front of the camera and clap while running the mic and video. You can then sync the audio to the video in post as long as you don't stop recording during the flight.

What microphone are you using and what TRS to USB adapter are you using? I would try to rule that out as being the problem. Connect that to an Android tablet and record some video and see if the audio is out of sync.

What @MavicAir2Marc said about clapping your hands at the start of the video is probably your best solution.

I guess what I was wondering: does anyone who records audio with the screen recording using a USB-C mic to the RC 2 have out of sync issues? Does anyone have their audio in sync with video when using the RC 2 to record both the Audio and Video?
In my original post, I said I could fix the out of sync issue with Premiere Pro, so I know about the clapping to sync later. I just assumed that the RC 2 would record both video and audio in sync.
... as long as you don't stop recording during the flight.
As long as I don't stop recording the Screen recording or the Air 3 recording?????

Connect that to an Android tablet and record some video and see if the audio is out of sync.
Thanks I just connected the wireless USB-C MIC to my android tablet and snapped my fingers and it recorded in sync perfectly.

Thanks I just connected the wireless USB-C MIC to my android tablet and snapped my fingers and it recorded in sync perfectly.
So that rules out a delay with the microphone and its wireless hardware.

The next step is a record a minute on the remote, with the microphone and without. If the audio is in sync when you use the internal microphone, then it's an issue with the drivers in the version of Android used by the remote.

Do it a couple of times and see if the out-of-sync duration is the same each time. That would tell you how much to adjust it each time in Premiere. If the delay is a consistent value, you could ffmpeg to demux the audio from the video and remux it with a delay to bring it back into sync.

The next step is a record a minute on the remote, with the microphone and without. If the audio is in sync when you use the internal microphone, then it's an issue with the drivers in the version of Android used by the remote.
There is no internal MIC in the RC 2

There is no internal MIC in the RC 2
Then you should either do the "clap" method of creating a visual and audio tag to make it easy to synch up the audio, or see if you can determine the delay offset and just script it out with ffmpeg.

So I contacted DJI and chatted with support. They had me upload a short screen capture with the audio out of sync using the RC 2 and wireless mic attached to the RC 2. The weird thing is that after I uploaded the mp4 it appeared on the chat window. I could play it in the chat window and it was PERFECTLY in sync! But when I played it on my Windows 10 PC it was slightly out of sync using Windows Media Player.
I almost think it is best for me to just do a "voice-over" for the screen recording and not try to record Audio during the capture.

So I contacted DJI and chatted with support. They had me upload a short screen capture with the audio out of sync using the RC 2 and wireless mic attached to the RC 2. The weird thing is that after I uploaded the mp4 it appeared on the chat window. I could play it in the chat window and it was PERFECTLY in sync! But when I played it on my Windows 10 PC it was slightly out of sync using Windows Media Player.
I almost think it is best for me to just do a "voice-over" for the screen recording and not try to record Audio during the capture.
Is your PC fast enough to play the video as it is encoded? When you played the uploaded video in the chat window, it had probably been scaled down or converted to a different codec.

If the problem is with Windows Media Player, try it on another computer or play it with VLC.

Thanks for all of your help "anotherlab."
Actually, VLC plays it the worst and I just upgraded it. Video is black at beginning then halfway through it appears-way out of sync. Windows Media Player plays it the best with only a slight delay in audio.
My PC is fast enough to run the Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I wonder perhaps if I need a codec for the DJI mp4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13