DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 the magic of Furry Creek, BC, Canada

DMD Cine Attic

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com

This place is just a short drive from the city of Vancouver heading north to Squamish, Whistler and beyond. It has been our weekday afternoon escape for years, yet there is always something new to explore. It was just recently I learnt that Furry Creek is home to rock paintings believed to be anywhere from 800 to 3000 years old, naturally I had to look for them.

Very nice and congratulations on all fronts...great video and you found the rock paintings.
It would be nice to know how old they really are ?

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
My favorite clip of yours! Some good storytelling built on a foundation of strong cinematography.

Is that a grizz at 0:42?

My favorite clip of yours! Some good storytelling built on a foundation of strong cinematography.

Is that a grizz at 0:42?
Thank you, that would be a black bear, which in this case has some genetic mutation that made it brown/blond. There were some dark patches around its eyes and muzzle. Grizzlies are rare in that location, they are further north, 100kms or so. There were actually two more black bears a at the same time ,more uphill, looked younger than this one.

This is so good it makes me want to go back there....thanks for posting.
Thank you, are you from round here or were you visiting at some point ?

Very nice and congratulations on all fronts...great video and you found the rock paintings.
It would be nice to know how old they really are ?
Thank you, I'd like to know myself, I was going by the article from 2013 by Elizabeth C. Velliky - "PXRF and Place Names: Painting a Narrative on Squamish Ochre Sources and Rock Art" from 2013. The pictograms were undergoing carbon dating, the results should be out by now, hopefully we don't have to wait another 800-3000 years to find out :)). Google the article, interesting reading, at least I found it interesting, learnt something new. Warning, it is long by today's standards.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Excellently done. Loved the atmosphere you developed. Enjoyed it very much. How lucky were you to capture footage of the bear? Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, while hiking In Canada you don't need to be particularly lucky to come across bears :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4