DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Massive Saturn 1B Rocket

They have a full size Saturn on its side overhead at the NASA Saturn center at Kennedy space center and when you walk under it (its about 20 feet above your head) it seems a lot longer than 142 feet.
Pretty awesome to be that close to one

Nice flying there! I stop by often at that welcome center in Huntsville, Alabama, travelling from Ohio to Louisiana. I am always tempted to fly my mini 2 but the guide wires and wind gave me pause. Maybe one day, I will try it! Also, the time of day with visitors give me pause but again, nice flying!

Very nice!

Very enjoyable. The added sound track certainly brings back memories of when I used to follow NASA's every move as a young teenage. According to this site here, the Saturn 1B was 168 feet high and 22 feet in diameter.

They have a full size Saturn on its side overhead at the NASA Saturn center at Kennedy space center and when you walk under it (its about 20 feet above your head) it seems a lot longer than 142 feet.
Pretty awesome to be that close to one

The one at Kennedy might be the grandaddy of them all, the Saturn V. The 1B used to launch Apollo 7 I believe became part of the Saturn V that was used for the actual moon launches. The 1B also later went on to launch a lot of the Skylab stuff too.

Reactions: Droniac
Very enjoyable. The added sound track certainly brings back memories of when I used to follow NASA's every move as a young teenage. According to this site here, the Saturn 1B was 168 feet high and 22 feet in diameter.

It very well could be. I was looking at Wiki and it was giving a lot of different measurements based on required lift. Either way it's a beautiful machine and I'm glad they took the time to preserve it. A beautiful sight!

Reactions: Droniac
very well done and flown. How did you ever get that sound track>

I lifted it off You Tube. No copyright claim yet. LOL Roughly cut it to sync up with the video and got lucky with the timing on it in a couple places. The "cleared the tower" call and beginning of the "roll program" timing was pure luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan