DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 series WILL have interchangeable cameras

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65595

Check out note 6 in the picture below. It says you can change the gimbal camera in the future. Really important for those who are thinking about buying both. Not too surprising though, as the body is the exact same.Screenshot_20180824-223559_Chrome.jpeg

"6. You may change the gimbal camera by buying our aftersales service."

Sounds like it will need to be sent off to DJI to change the gimbals. Not the same as interchangeable, as in Inspire.
I agree, but it is still a huge leap from having to buy an entirely new drone to get all the camera features

Reactions: Former Member
I agree, but it is still a huge leap from having to buy an entirely new drone to get all the camera features

Knowing DJI, the alternate M2 gimbal will cost $599 for the zoom and $799 for the Pro, prices that are in line with the P4P gimbal. It might make sense for an owner just to sell the M2 Zoom and buy the M2 Pro, or vice versa. Who knows how long DJI's turnaround time will be to swap out the gimbals anyway. Their parts availability is usually dismal, and service is worse.

Look at the Inspire 2. It's a $2600 drone. An owner can use an $1899 X5S or a $2699 X7 gimbal, but an owner can swap it himself, thus keeping both gimbals, or sell the unused one. Glad DJI doesnt have to swap gimbals for Inspire owners every time they want to use a different one.

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like DJI is doing an engineering retrofit bandaid for the Mavic 2 series. They should have just made interchangeable gimbals in the first place.

Sorry, too much coffee today. I dont mean to rant or be mean.

Last edited:
Knowing DJI, the other alternate gimbal will cost $599 for the zoom and $799 for the Pro, so it might make sense for an owner just to sell the drone they have, and buy the other drone. Who knows how long DJI's turnaround time will be to swap out the gimbals anyway. Their parts availability is usually dismal, and service is worse.
Was a little more stoked about this 5 minutes ago... [emoji51][emoji28] Would be great to actually have interchangeable lenses (maybe MP3?). But to make us consumers switch easily between them is a really complicated thing to achieve

Not if you have to send it in everytime you want to use a different camera.

At least it means anyone smart could do it themselves. If only it didn't void the warranty...

If they are training their own staff to do it that means we can probably find the documentation and parts to do it ourselves too. It might not be easy, but it'll likely be possible. And maybe void the warranty too. But all of the "right to repair" legislation going on around the world could change that point as well.

Many, like myself and as other tech savvy people on this network feel that if DJI makes this only a Proprietorial issue for them. Pro versus Zoom! Can we have that chance to do a simple swap out once we get them in our hands?.The only thing is,,,,,,, for a simple fee?
Will DJI give up the FW for the switch? I'm waiting!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.