DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Paxson Lodge, Alaska

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Abandoned, derelict but still accessible by my drone...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice video (except for the trash) I plan to go to Alsaka one day.

I loved your video. What drone where you using and how did you get those close-ups? That was amazing.

I loved your video. What drone where you using and how did you get those close-ups? That was amazing.
I was using my Avata2. The closeups were zooms in post with Final Cut Pro.

Nice work. Have you been flying the Avata for long? It seems a load of fun and challenging. Do you have to have a spotter for these sort of jaunts or is one not needed. You’re hardly going to “bump into” a guest!

Thank you! I don't have a MAC computer so no Final Cut Pro but that is something I need to learn how to do. I use Adobe products.
With any NLE (non linear editor) it's a trivial thing to extend the size of the file beyond the borders of the project's regular size so you "zoom in". It's also common to set a "keyframe" (or whatever Premiere calls it) to set a size for the starting point and then a second keyframe later where it's further zoomed in to the zoom is gradual. This kind of thing is often referred to as a Ken Burns effect when applied to still images but the same thing can be applied to video. The issue with video is if you zoom in digitally too far it will become pixelated. I recently did a video featuring swans and wanted to be able to zoom in closer as I could not get real close while filming so I filmed in 4K and then created the video in simple HD which allowed me to zoom in with FCP in "post" without the video becoming pixelated as long as you don't try to make the image fill at 5K screen :).

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckp