DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Reaper is skinned, skidded and strobed. Show us your skin. ;)

Awesome looking rig - thanks for the info about the skins!! Can't wait to get mine installed.

You inspire (no pun!) us all!!
To Inspire is not my Forte. (Double pun intended...lol)

Anytime! Have fun flying. :)

Nicely done!! The cool down reminds me of the shut down procedures on TC Aircraft, gotta let that oil cool the bearings OR ELSE!!
Amen! Warm ups and cool downs are just something I instinctively do with everything. :)

I’m going to play devils advocate here.... Do you break it down and put it all away or do you normally put it away fully assembled like that? I ask because at what point do you just start looking at a P4 or H+ instead?

FYI, I love the skin. Orange is one of my favorite colors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
So what does that type of antenna do for you and also the skids, just curious...? Would the skids prevent the drone from sinking in water? I use the Firehouse Technology "Arc" II on my mavic but I use Velcro to attach.

I'm waiting for my REAL Navmount and having to use this cheap eBay mount, but yes.

I intentionally mounted it backwards. :)
according to tracking... i can expect some updated pics soon? :)

jk

So what does that type of antenna do for you and also the skids, just curious...? Would the skids prevent the drone from sinking in water? I use the Firehouse Technology "Arc" II on my mavic but I use Velcro to attach.
I ordered my skids with optional detachable floatation pontoons that are made from pool noodles.

If your happy with the velcro attachment, that's cool. But, there is another option here:

DJI Mavic Pro Firehouse Technology ARC Light Mounts - Phantom Help

Reactions: msinger
according to tracking... i can expect some updated pics soon? :)

jk
Absolutely. I almost lost my right foot today when it got into a blade on my lawn tractor as it flipped over on me and thru me into our lake, else I would be able to post a pic today since it just came in.

First time I heard of that Raptor XR antenna. Do you really see an improvement compared to the normal antenna that comes originaly with the remote?

What's the device on the top of your Mavic btw ? Is that a after market GPS system to be able to find your drone in case you lost it ?
I have some GPS tags, but haven't tinkered with them. That's a beeper that works about 40-50 feet away.

It's advertised as a key finder, but the fob came with 2 key ring fobs and 2 of these stick on devices.

I just used a foam backed command strip brand adhesive strip to attach it to the PGYTECH clip on camera mount with the screw removed.

Reactions: drakkor
First time I heard of that Raptor XR antenna. Do you really see an improvement compared to the normal antenna that comes originaly with the remote?
It has made a HUGE difference for me. I love it's large size is offset by it's light weight and my remote has quit screaming about lost or weak signal strength with it. I'm not in an urban area and flying over my lake with clear VLOS, so I wasn't trying to do anything crazy.

Thank you.

It's my foot that I was shot thru with an AK-47 in 2004, but I'm glad the ER doctor followed my request to just glue it back together. :)

I presume this was ground small arms fire while you were airborne? If so, what aircraft...Tomcat? Intruder? Prowler?

I presume this was ground small arms fire while you were airborne? If so, what aircraft...Tomcat? Intruder? Prowler?
I had been a Field Radio Operator in the Marine Corps, gotten out, gone to college and had become a Naval Flight Officer (EA-6B) before shot by a wanna be sniper while on the ground in the middle east.

I took a year off and transferred to Naval Coastal Warefare, which took me back to the NAG (North Arabian Gulf) and eventually transferred to the Army as a full time Casualty Notification and Assistance Officer.

Unfortunately, I caught in Obama's troop and budget reductions and lost my retirement because I needed 4 more years.

Last edited:
Here's the beeper I mounted on the PGYTECH clip with their screw removed.

It's nothing fancy, but it's super light and might tell me which tree or brush pile it landed in. LOLScreenshot_20180925-150018_eBay.jpeg

Reactions: drakkor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman