DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Ruinaulta gorge in Switzerland

That was great! You had a little of everything in there. I like that you caught the sun's rays in the opening scene. You captured the train to the Episode number on the bridge, Great sound effects, great music. I liked the pass under the bridge w/ a low pass over the water. The fish in the clear water made me want to fishing. The hyperlapse at the end was the icing on the cake! All very cinematic!! I watched it several times.

Very well done! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Droniac
That was great! You had a little of everything in there. I like that you caught the sun's rays in the opening scene. You captured the train to the Episode number on the bridge, Great sound effects, great music. I liked the pass under the bridge w/ a low pass over the water. The fish in the clear water made me want to fishing. The hyperlapse at the end was the icing on the cake! All very cinematic!! I watched it several times.
Thank you very much as alwaya ;)
I'm glad you liked it, i put a lot of time in this one, went out there on 2 days and spent a lot of time editing ;)

Reactions: Droniac
Thank you very much as alwaya ;)
I'm glad you liked it, i put a lot of time in this one, went out there on 2 days and spent a lot of time editing ;)
Yes- I believe you, and it really shows! Extremely well done. Nice smooth footage. Good music match up. A pleasure to watch films like this.

Dale
Miami

Had to watch a second time to realize the wording on the trestle was not an aerial location sign for planes. Brilliant!
What editing software and technique did you use to embed the words to make it work?

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
Had to watch a second time to realize the wording on the trestle was not an aerial location sign for planes. Brilliant!
What editing software and technique did you use to embed the words to make it work?
I Use DaVinci Resolve Studio 17, the text effect is done with the 3d camera tracker. A bit complicated but once you get the hang of it very powerful. You can not just put text in there but any 3D Object.

I use DaVinci Resolve Studio 17
So tell us Maik... How did you go about learning it? Where might I find info on the 3D camera tracker? Is that done in Fusion?

There are so many questions I'd love to ask you about this project. How did you know when the train would pass so you could have your bird up in the air? Are you using LUTS for color grading or just making manual adjustments? I was especially impressed by how well you handled a very high dynamic range. Any secrets there you care to reveal?

So tell us Maik... How did you go about learning it? Where might I find info on the 3D camera tracker? Is that done in Fusion?

There are so many questions I'd love to ask you about this project. How did you know when the train would pass so you could have your bird up in the air? Are you using LUTS for color grading or just making manual adjustments? I was especially impressed by how well you handled a very high dynamic range. Any secrets there you care to reveal?
Well, most of it I learned from trying things out, and also a lot from YouTube videos. There are many great tutorials on YT. Also about the Camera Tracker. Just search on YT.
Yes, the tracker is done in Fusion. Fusion is an amazing tool once you know how to work with nodes instead of layers. It makes much more sense to me, probably because I'm a programmer by profession ;)

The scene with the train is the only scene so far I planned even before going there.
I saw on Google Maps that there is a hiking trail to the bridge and decided to go there and wait for a train to arrive. So when i got there, i just looked at the timetable on my phone and as soon as it was less than 5 minutes before a train came, i launched the drone, practiced the flight path a few times and positioned at the top and waited.
As soon as i saw the train approaching, i started the descent. I didn't know how fast the train would be so it was some guess work to get the timing right. It was ok, but i would have liked to be at the bottom a little earlier to see the locomotive arrive. But i didn't want to wait there another hour until the next train came so i used the one and only try ;)

Yes I shoot D-Log and use LUTs for basic correction, basically just so the Video files already look ok while editing. Then i do the final grading "by hand". I just use LUTs to speed up the process, it's always good to know how to do it yourself and you don't need LUTs for great results.

As said above I shoot D-Log and 10 Bit, that gives me the maximum dynamic range possible and makes it flexible for color correction.
I also use an ND-8 filter constantly to be able to shot at 1/60th of a second to get nice motion blur. I then adjust the aperture while recording to adjust brightness so nothing is blown out. Because I almost always shoot in sunlight, i don't need to take off the ND-filter.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions about any topic I suggest YouTube again, it's the best place for answers (not the blackmagic forums, there are lots of unhelpful idiots there...)

Reactions: vindibona1
Hi
Probably one of the best composition videos I have seen on this site. Very well edited and it shows the work you must have put in so as to keep us all interested. Great music too
Thank you very much, always good to read such nice comments ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS