DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Seven Sisters, East Sussex

tmw2023

Reactions
I was down on the East Sussex coast this week. Did a walk to Beachy Head and I noticed that at low tide there is a clear line of sight along the entire length of the Seven Sisters between the beach at Cuckmere Haven and the staircase at the Birling Gap NT centre. Just measured it on Google maps and it is exactly 4 km so an 8 km or 5 mile round trip.

Because of erosion there are 8 sisters now;

Haven Brow 79m
Short Brow 65
Rough Brow 65
Brass Point 60
Flagstaff Point
Flat Hill 40
Baily's Hill 60
Went Hill Brow

The staircase at Birling Gap is at 15m

Sounds doable has anyone flown them?

So flying over and around the cliffs is fine? Do you need any approvals from any trusts?

I wanted to fly at Birling Gap but as soon as I took it out of the bag (even folded) I had two National Trust people telling me it's not allowed and they'd call the police if I fly (don't even know if they can do that!). I found that a little over-aggressive, they could have asked nicely and I wouldn't have flown. Stay away from the centres though and you should be up and down before they know where you are.

I've flown around the haven brow, but not much further:-

Nice Colour treatment... you successfully made it look like somewhere much warmer! Only the cliffs give it away.

Reactions: HSK
Nice Colour treatment... you successfully made it look like somewhere much warmer! Only the cliffs give it away.
Thank you! To be fair, that was on one of the hottest weekends we had this summer, at least 30! Aha.

Reached this page as I was looking for information on regulations for the Seven Sisters area...

I just bought my Mavic Air and then checked some apps (DroneAssist and AirMap) and the No Fly Drones website for a nice area to do my first tests not far from London where I live. The Seven Sisters look completely safe to fly on every source I checked, but then one of the links I followed pointed to the National Trust website: The use of drones (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) on the Sussex coast where it clearly states that the area is entirely NFZ...
Is that so? Or are they trying their chances to scary the masses and then their arguments won't stand in front of any authority?
But if the website is correct, then why this is not marked as NFZ in any of the trustworthy sources everybody recommends to check (apps and site)? And how can we then be certain to know if an area is a true flying zone?

Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots