DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Sky is Their Stage -- the USAF Thunderbirds' 2024 Schedule…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
This posting is for the Air Shows being held in the United States… The rest of the world will just have to watch them on YouTube…

There is nothing like experiencing a Thunderbirds' performance in person. You can "feel" the powerful fighter jets elegantly maneuver in the sky with only a few feet separating each wingtip.

t-birds.jpg

It’s a multisensory experience, you will see it, you will hear it, and you will feel it; and it will leave you impressed and inspired.

While admission to air shows on military installations is generally free and open to the public, the cost to attend civilian air shows may vary. Please visit the individual shows’ sites for prices and more information.

If you live in the Tampa, Florida, area, you probably already know that there is an airshow this weekend… It is the Tampa Bay AirFest, MacDill AFB, on the 28th and 29th… The Thunderbirds are probably already doing their check rides today, announcing their presence…

One final note, concerning all Air Shows, the FAA issues NOTAMs that include No Fly Zones (NFZ) and it is true right now in Tampa…

nfz.jpg

The 2024 USAF Thunderbirds' Season Schedule

APRIL
6-7: The Great Texas Airshow - JB San Antonio (Randolph AFB), TX
13-14: SUN 'n FUN - Lakeland, FL
20-21: Charleston Airshow - JB Charleston, SC
27-28: Guardians of Freedom Air Show - Sheppard AFB, TX

MAY
4-5: Gulf Coast Salute Air Show - Tyndall AFB, FL
11-12: Fort Lauderdale Air Show - Fort Lauderdale, FL
18-19: Duluth Airshow - Duluth, MN
26: Indianapolis 500 Flyover - Indianapolis, IN
30: USAF Academy Graduation Flyover - Air Force Academy, CO

JUNE
2: Legacy of Liberty Air Show - Holloman AFB, NM
8-9: Selfridge Open House & Air Show - Selfridge ANGB, MI
14-16: Columbus Air Show - Columbus, OH
29-30: Warriors over the Wasatch Air Show - Hill AFB, UT

JULY
4, 6. 7: Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival - Battle Creek, MI
13-14: Wings over Whiteman Airshow - Whiteman AFB, MO
20-21: Arctic Thunder Open House & Air Show - JB Elmendorf-Richardson, AK
24: Cheyenne Frontier Days - Cheyenne, WY
27-28: Milwaukee Air & Water Show - Milwaukee, WI

AUGUST
3-4: The Great State of Maine Air Show - Brunswick, ME
10-11: New York Air Show - New Windsor, NY
24-25: The Defenders of Freedom Air and Space Show - Offutt AFB, NE
31 Aug - 2 Sep: Oregon International Air Show - McMinnville, OR

SEPTEMBER
7-8: Aero Gatineau-Ottawa - Gatineau, QC, Canada
14-15: Sound of Speed Air Show - St. Joseph, MO
21-22: Thunder Over Columbus Air Show - Columbus AFB, MS
28-29: California International Airshow - Salinas, CA

OCTOBER
5-6: Pacific Airshow - Huntington Beach, CA
12-14: Thunder over the Heartland Airshow - Topeka, KS
26-27: Atlanta Air Show - Peachtree City, GA

Go, enjoy, and experience a thrill that few can truly describe…

If you liked this Posting, Please “LIKE” it and leave a “Comment…”

LoudThunder

I'm a bigger Blue Angels fan but this is "ok" still. ;)
I have seen the Blue Angels... Are you old enough to remember the B&W TV Show from the early '60s?

After a 30-years career in the Air Force, having been assigned on all the continents except the Antarctic, I have seen a lot of Demonstration teams… have you ever seen the Canadian Snowbirds, the Italian Frecce Tricolori, the British Red Arrows, the Japanese White Arrows, and I've seen other national teams that flew helicopters or Recips…

I have seen the Blue Angels... Are you old enough to remember the B&W TV Show from the early '60s?

After a 30-years career in the Air Force, having been assigned on all the continents except the Antarctic, I have seen a lot of Demonstration teams… have you ever seen the Canadian Snowbirds, the Italian Frecce Tricolori, the British Red Arrows, the Japanese White Arrows, and I've seen other national teams that flew helicopters or Recips…
No I don't remember seeing the older TV shows. I've been to both type of air shows and when I compare the two aircraft, I guess I'm just a bigger fan of the F18 over the F16. However, any airshow is a great airshow and if anyone hasn't been to one, I suggest they try to make one....you'll be hooked. 🇺🇸

Reactions: LoudThunder
I was a member of the RAAF Roulettes back in the 80s (Australia’s Aerobatic team). Certainly seen and been a part of 100s of airshows and I would also say that the Blue Angels are my favourite. Especially love their support aircraft

Thanks for your service Chief! I have also been fortunate to see many flying teams. In 1984 at Aviano Air Base, Italy, we had numerous flying teams from all over the world.

In 1984 at Aviano Air Base, Italy,
I did three beautiful years '78 to '81 at HQ NATO, AIr South, Naples... Wish I could go back, but it is not the same... Headquarters were now closed down and turned over to the locals. I've used Google Street View and places that I freqnted are now in terrible shape and trash is everywhere... Best to keep the memories...

I did three beautiful years '78 to '81 at HQ NATO, AIr South, Naples... Wish I could go back, but it is not the same... Headquarters were now closed down and turned over to the locals. I've used Google Street View and places that I freqnted are now in terrible shape and trash is everywhere... Best to keep the memories...
I was there from 79-85. Loved it there.

The Thunderbirds were in AZ last weekend 23 an 24 and I'm Blue Angels fan to but like said any air show is great

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400