DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Smart Controller sure must be a hot item

Roamer105

Reactions
I've been trying to buy one for some time now and it is simply out of stock (at least here in the US). Strangely, if you purchase a new M2 package with the Smart Controller, you can get it. So, their explanation is "very high demand world-wide" - frankly, not sure I buy that.

Reactions: Napolyon1
I've been trying to buy one for some time now and it is simply out of stock (at least here in the US). Strangely, if you purchase a new M2 package with the Smart Controller, you can get it. So, their explanation is "very high demand world-wide" - frankly, not sure I buy that.
Have alook at my post,i wouldn't bother buying one

B & H recently got them in stock. I wouldn't pay much attention to people who say don't buy one unless they bought one and returned it. I'm guessing there are very few of those folks. I'm very happy with mine despite cost and current inability to use Litchi.

B & H recently got them in stock. I wouldn't pay much attention to people who say don't buy one unless they bought one and returned it. I'm guessing there are very few of those folks. I'm very happy with mine despite cost and current inability to use Litchi.
ergonomics of the new remote are excellent. it is simply convenient. if that convenience is worth $600 or not - that is a personal question. all i can tell for myself, well, i like it enough not to return it back, but, it would probably be a better option to buy a crystalsky unit instead, as that way i would be able to run litchi and other apps. but, i just hope that eventually it will be either fixed of hacked by somebody and then it will be perfect.

The marketing ploy of DJI to add the smart controller to the mav2 package was pretty smart. It was the tipping point for me to get the new mav and also get the controller at a better price. I think if I already had the mav2, I may have baulked at the extra purchase

And I love it....

I bought one, love it and have no intention on sending it back. Wish all the controllers were like this. BTW, use to fly using an iPad Mini 4.

Reactions: Ray Singcar
Go on th DJI site and click on the in stock reminder. They will email you when available.

Got mine last week after waiting two months for it. Very pleased with it, but I have the "FT Aviator" on order, and found that the FT Aviator will work with the original controller, but not with the Smart Controller. Was disappointed about that, but I still have my original MP to use with the FT Aviator.

Reactions: Lucky
I like how fast and easy it is to switch from my 2 to zoom. I just wish the sticks were like the P4P controller they seem sticky to me. Other than that li like it.

Two things delayed them according to my large local drone shop:

1) Trump's tantrum/government shutdown which affected the FCC's ability to approve the device in a timely manner

2) Chinese New Year (DJI shuts down pretty much)

Now that both are over they are starting to show up, at least in Canada.

I just ordered one yesterday and it is already on the way. I found it at AbelCine.com for the regular price with free shipping and no tax. It said that it was in stock and I gave it a try - it worked!

The bundles apparently arrived before the individual smart controllers as well, so the first production runs probably went into combo boxes.

Just unpacked it and updated it. So far so good - very nice device!

thanks for the heads up on abelcine, ordered this morning and shipped this afternoon for me...

thanks for the heads up on abelcine, ordered this morning and shipped this afternoon for me...

Glad it worked out for you as well. Just received mine this afternoon. Lots of fun, flew a small checkout flight. All is great!

Pinged DJI yesterday to ask when it was expected that the Smart Controller would be in stock on DJI US website store - was told that there was a "certification issue" and thus was being marked "out of stock" and would be updated as soon as possible.

I followed up asking if there was a cert issue how the Bundles were still available for sale - and got a vague response.

Hopefully it's just a government paperwork snafu that will quickly get cleared up......

Pinged DJI yesterday to ask when it was expected that the Smart Controller would be in stock on DJI US website store - was told that there was a "certification issue" and thus was being marked "out of stock" and would be updated as soon as possible.

I followed up asking if there was a cert issue how the Bundles were still available for sale - and got a vague response.

Hopefully it's just a government paperwork snafu that will quickly get cleared up......

I doubt very much that it has anything to do with our government. Selling it as part of the kit is no different than selling it separate as far as the FCC is concerned.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121