DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The Stepping Stones by the (Replica) Inglis Bridge

Paul Iddon

Reactions
The Stepping Stones by the (Replica) Inglis Bridge

Charles Edward Inglis designed the first dry gap prefabricated military bridge in service with any Army anywhere in the world - though this replica portable bridge near Preston is not quite so grand as most. Officially called the Inglis Portable Military Bridge – Light Type it was generally known as the Inglis Pyramid Bridge. It would be true to say though that most people visiting the small pleasant St Catherine's Park, Lostock Hall, prefer to traverse the River Lostock across the stepping stones - because... well, why the hell not!

This green parkland space located on the edge of the village is around four hectares in size and includes a natural play area, grass kick-about space and a network of footpaths. It is also home to aforementioned replica Inglis bridge which is located over the River Lostock adjacent to an existing ford. Music by Enya - A Day Without Rain.

Paul.

Last edited:
Well that seems like a really nice place! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, its a nice place to unwind I would say after a hard day's work.

Paul

What a wonderful little park. The dogs sure liked it, huh? Nice video.

Cheers Dave - it's a little spot I didn't know about until looking for a place to fly near to where I went up at Whittle Quarry.

Paul.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne