DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The stunning Reekie Linn Waterfall...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I am coming towards the end of our Blairgowrie footage now, just a few left to edit and share...

Reekie Linn was a place near where we were staying that a friend from the Drone Show Live told us about and said we mustn't miss it - thankfully we didn't...

Only a short and relatively easy walk from the car park you are rewarded with the stunning views of the waterfall, which I hope I have managed to do at least some justice to in the video...

Another awesome video! Thanks for all your hard work

As usual stunning and beautifully flown
Thank you or watching and commenting, I try my best with each flight, so to have it remarked upon is heartwarming and encouraging :)

Stunning. Is that a small stone structure to the left of the waterfall? Also, when you fly backwards from the waterfall whilst filming, do you fly towards it at that height to make sure you are going to clear the trees. I am always nervous about flying backwards.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Just to add here that the Air 3 in sport mode will climb at 33 fps or nearly 2000 fpm ! When you consider a typical single engine light aircraft will climb between 500fpm and 1000 fpm we see the Air 3 will climb at twice the rate of a single engine aircraft !
Climbing backwards for a departure shot means you can normally climb about ve trees easily !
In Calp ( Spain I was surrounded by maybe 10 Angry Gulls and climbed vertically out of that arena ! The Gulls cannot touch the Air 3 in climb rate

Stunning. Is that a small stone structure to the left of the waterfall? Also, when you fly backwards from the waterfall whilst filming, do you fly towards it at that height to make sure you are going to clear the trees. I am always nervous about flying backwards.
Yes, not sure of why the structure is there, but we did notice it...

I usually set my height above the trees by setting gimbal to 0 degrees and yawing to check clearance... Then I also use the rear view camera in the AIR3, just to make sure I am not running into anything - even though it has obstacle avoidance I would rather not rely on it...

Just to add here that the Air 3 in sport mode will climb at 33 fps or nearly 2000 fpm ! When you consider a typical single engine light aircraft will climb between 500fpm and 1000 fpm we see the Air 3 will climb at twice the rate of a single engine aircraft !
Climbing backwards for a departure shot means you can normally climb about ve trees easily !
In Calp ( Spain I was surrounded by maybe 10 Angry Gulls and climbed vertically out of that arena ! The Gulls cannot touch the Air 3 in climb rate
Yup, the AIR3 is an amazing machine to fly, so fast and so nimble, but still best to make sure you don't run into anything...

Gorgeous falls! Well flown. You find the coolest places to fly!

Gorgeous falls! Well flown. You find the coolest places to fly!
Thank you, I tend to do a lot of research before visiting an area, using Google maps and Drone Scene, plus places I know from photography days, and also places friends suggest...

Reactions: Prop Wash
Nudge Nudge Wink wink 😉 Of course we are always visual with the drone and hence know What we are backing into visually ?
We would never rely on the display ?
Only joking as I am as bad as anyone 😎

• Haha
Nudge Nudge Wink wink 😉 Of course we are always visual with the drone and hence know What we are backing into visually ?
We would never rely on the display ?
Only joking as I am as bad as anyone 😎
Lol, I had VLOS at all times, honest guv'nor ;)

Actually, I could see the drone backing toward the trees, but the line of sight makes judging the height difficult, hence checking by yawing first... Now when you are talking of descending into the gorge, well I could see it most of the way down, but I am pretty certain that there were no other aircraft for me to hit, hence the need to maintain VLOS...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho