DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The stunning Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay.M2P

Before sunrise.
Although this is a great shot, I was disturbed by the two competing subjects, the stunning bridge, and the blurred boat and its wake. I took the image into Photoshop and edited it in a different way, using the spot healing brush to remove the boat, and re-cropped it. Here it is for what's worth. Edited image.jpgEdited image.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.47.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.47.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Although this is a great shot, I was disturbed by there two competing subjects, the stunning bridge, and the blurred boat and its wake. Is I took the image into Photoshop and edited it in a different way, using th spot healing brush to remove the boat, and re-cropped it. Here it is for what's worth. View attachment 126486View attachment 126486View attachment 126487View attachment 126487
Thanks Dale.Both are pleasing to me.Here's another shot I took that day in the leading lines category without the boat.

Attachments

• 1 (8).jpg
    1 (8).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: bcfd29 and Capt KO
That is an even more beautiful shot. I would also have been tempted to make the main section of the bridge (tallest section) as the center of the frame. Maybe for the next trip there? I would love to have that subject available to me.

Dale
Miami

Wow that is beautiful! I personally like the boat in it.
You might like the boat in it, and I did like the boat in it, but for pure aesthetic reasons in judging an image, classic photographers abhor two points of interest kin the same picture. Your eyes don't know where to look in the image. That is why they like converging lines like railroad tracks, and leading lines, like a long fence or road, or in this case, the receding bridge with its beautiful blue lights. The racing boat with the motion blur would be great if isolated in it own image.

You might like the boat in it, and I did like the boat in it, but for pure aesthetic reasons in judging an image, classic photographers abhor two points of interest kin the same picture. Your eyes don't know where to look in the image. That is why they like converging lines like railroad tracks, and leading lines, like a long fence or road, or in this case, the receding bridge with its beautiful blue lights. The racing boat with the motion blur would be great if isolated in it own image.
I kinda like the dichotomy. I think too may people “follow the rules” and it makes many images all look the same or similar. Different can be good. IMHO.

Reactions: floridabeachbum
I kinda like the dichotomy. I think too may people “follow the rules” and it makes many images all look the same or similar. Different can be good. IMHO.
Some may like the two subject image, but it would not win any photo contests!!! The judges follow those rules and that is what the rules are for. The leading line of the bridge alone is stunning and more than enough to qualify for an award. The bridge and the blurred boat is a turnoff for me. That's what makes people different I guess.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Some may like the two subject image, but it would not win any photo contests!!! The judges follow those rules and that is what the rules are for. The leading line of the bridge alone is stunning and more than enough to qualify for an award. The bridge and the blurred boat is a turnoff for me. That's what makes people different I guess.
I guess the key difference is winning awards vs making interesting images that create discussions like these. An interesting corollary is that I learned a long time ago that all significant inventions were by folks that either were not aware of or did not “follow the rules”.

Reactions: Josiah S
Right, but those same judges are going to see that photoshop as sloppy.

Just an FYI as a semi-professional photographer
General etiquette is to ask before editing a photo since it is a personal expression.
It's ok to offer an edit, but considered somewhat rude and arrogant to "improve" without asking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada