DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The T, P, S switch on the RC

You will need to have the flight modes enabled in the app.

Yes, you have to enable MFM in GO4

MFM.png

Attachments

• 1577975199149.png
    1577975199149.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 41
A good advice:

If you have Flight modes enabled, in the app, before you start the engines, then P-Mode is automatically on, so make sure you on RC have the physical button set to P-Mode, start the engines, if you then want to start your flight In T-Mode, switch to T-Mode with the physical button on RC, before making a TakeOff, which then happens in T-Mode.

It is much easier to handle the drone in T-Mode than in P-Mode, especially where there is little space to fly in.

Last edited:
If the switch isn’t in p mode when started, there should be a message pop up on the screen to let you know that it’s not in p mode. I sometimes forget that switch position myself.

Actually, it will effectively be in P mode if you start in any other mode. At least that's how M2 works.
This is because it's so easy for that switch to get flipped without you realizing it. The warning tells you that despite switch in S or T mode, you're in P mode. Toggle switch to get to the one you want.

If the switch isn’t in p mode when started, there should be a message pop up on the screen to let you know that it’s not in p mode. I sometimes forget that switch position myself.

You're just right, the problem is just that messages that appear on the screen disappear so quickly that they are easy to miss.

Im confused by this software switch. Does this mean if the software switch for multiple flight modes is "off" the physical switch on the RC doesnt work? There are several options on the Go 4 with little to no explanation.

Im confused by this software switch. Does this mean if the software switch for multiple flight modes is "off" the physical switch on the RC doesnt work? There are several options on the Go 4 with little to no explanation.
Yes, the software switch disables the physical one.
The setting wording is deceiving, since you'd think it refers to the intelligent flight modes like POI, but the accompanying explanation says it affects T/P/S mode.

Reactions: SqFt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven