DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Two Towers

Reelman67

Reactions
As you all know, you cannot fly anywhere close to a nuclear facility. Here in Washington State however, we have the "nuclear plant that never was" Satsop. Construction began back in the late 70's and was never completed. There are two immense cooling towers (500 feet high) which can be seen for miles. As I was within 400' of the edifice, I flew my Mavic Pro to the top, and then some. I was cautious about flying directly over the rim due to concerns about losing lock on my controller, that the drone would be blocked by the tower itself. Maybe it would fly home automatically? Don't know and I didn't want to find out. Haven' t crashed my drone yet.

As you all know, you cannot fly anywhere close to a nuclear facility. Here in Washington State however, we have the "nuclear plant that never was" Satsop. Construction began back in the late 70's and was never completed. There are two immense cooling towers (500 feet high) which can be seen for miles. As I was within 400' of the edifice, I flew my Mavic Pro to the top, and then some. I was cautious about flying directly over the rim due to concerns about losing lock on my controller, that the drone would be blocked by the tower itself. Maybe it would fly home automatically? Don't know and I didn't want to find out. Haven' t crashed my drone yet.

A bonus would have been a look inside from above.

I really liked your video. The way you synchronized the music and the footage was outstanding.

Reactions: mnis
We have a failed nuclear plant in Tennessee too, what's funny is at the gate is a sign that reads TVAs motto, "doing things right, the first time."

Reactions: grendeljaeger
I really liked your video. The way you synchronized the music and the footage was outstanding.
Actually had a different audio track in mind but unfortunately, it was copyrighted and I didn't want to take a chance on uploading it. I found this royalty free clip totally by chance and found it to be as good if not better than what I had in mind before. Yes, it sounds cinematic, monumental and large, like the colossal tower that it is.

Great job of dramatic filming and music sync. Very enjoyable to watch.

Very cool video.
What is that tower made of?
Can you get into the bottom of it?
It would be really cool to launch from the ground in the center of it and climb straight up with the camera pointing straight down.
Awesome music score BTW Thumbswayup

Owned by the port district. To enter the property, proof of insurance requirement (really? My drone is more formidable than I thought.)and a fee of up to $100. Not worth it to me. Tower made of concrete and steel is my guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness