DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The war (literally) against drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine developed the electronics for a drone buster government customer.

I placed this thread on a temporary hold! As these type of threads can lead into political and gun issue rights and unnecessary comments about them.
We are currently reviewing this thread at this time.

Updated!

Thread back open, however be aware that if the above issues mentioned happen, We will end this thread quickly. ?

IMO I think the military needs these.Am glad they have them .The bad guys could do lots of harm with just using them for
trying to keep track of our guys positions.
I beleave the more technology we have the more lives we
can save.

IMO I think the military needs these.Am glad they have them .The bad guys could do lots of harm with just using them for
can save.
can save.
The bad guys is who we are to blame for getting us where we are now! with our hobby Or this is just a hobby for me ! I don’t care about the commercial drone industry! I don’t care about the 107. I just want to be left alone let me be a recreational flyer! ! I’ve been flying since 1984 RC planes and later Helicopers now into multi rotors. Most likely I will dump all the drone stuff go back to my old school flying! UHF HAM BANDS.

You need to remember that drones were used for dropping grenades in Syria. Obviously they weren't legal hobby drones.

You need to remember that drones were used for dropping grenades in Syria. Obviously they weren't legal hobby drones.

But they were modified commercially available drones...I saw a video and some photo's of one that was downed. Everyone here would recognize it. The reality is that virtually any new technology offers a double edged sword. Those of us who have embraced the hobby view the technology in a beneficial way while others see it as, at the very least, an invasion of privacy. As an example of the idiocy, a friend of mine was flying an under 150g tiny whoop, doing fpv at an empty park when he was accosted by some idiot ranting about his privacy being assaulted and video recorded without his permission. I happened to be there and calmed him first by pointing out that the whoop lacked recording ability and the camera was simply to let the pilot see as if he was sitting in it. I also asked if he was enjoying the nice cup of coffee he held in his hand...it was from a well know coffee vender....he looked at me like I had three heads but said yeah... so I asked him if he ranted against the coffee shop manager? I pointed out that the coffee shop he visited has no less than 7 surveillance cameras and that he was likely recorded as he walked in to when he walked out. Shut him up.

The news media also does a great job pointing out the negative things about remote piloted vehicles, but rarely a mention when the technology is used for "good" or business. You rarely see stories on the use of drones in agriculture, line monitoring, search and rescue, construction etc... but when somebody does something stupid with one... it's big time news. On the other side, I really believe that the manufactures of drones have done little to promote the useful features to the general public other than in sales adverts to sell you the drone. Unless there is better education, I can really see more restrictions to the point that people will get out of this hobby. In Canada, the restrictions put on by Transport Canada has resulted in much fewer people registering and qualifying for their certifications than what they had predicted; they're baffled by the results. I'm not...I personally know at least a dozen people who have sold, shelved, chucked their drones and gotten out of the hobby simply because of the strict rules and certification requirements. I have my advanced certification but I've been seriously considering selling off my gear as the frustration and restrictions increase. I received a MM and a couple of extra batteries for xmas that I haven't even taken out of the package...it's still shrink wrapped. I looked at the MA2...and said Nah.... When the fun is taken away, time for something different.

ks

Actually, I don't need to remember. Drones from the beginning have been used for legal, illegal, and many other nefarious uses. If man can invent an item, someone out there is going to figure how to use it illegally or dangerously. In the meantime, Dirkclod hit correctly, even though I maintain my 107, it is still just a hobby for fun.

... In Canada, the restrictions put on by Transport Canada has resulted in much fewer people registering and qualifying for their certifications than what they had predicted; they're baffled by the results. I'm not...I personally know at least a dozen people who have sold, shelved, chucked their drones and gotten out of the hobby simply because of the strict rules and certification requirements. I have my advanced certification but I've been seriously considering selling off my gear as the frustration and restrictions increase. I received a MM and a couple of extra batteries for xmas that I haven't even taken out of the package...it's still shrink wrapped. I looked at the MA2...and said Nah.... When the fun is taken away, time for something different.

ks

I totally agree with you. I was excited about the technology and bought a few drones. Then, as usual the Canadian dictatorship decided to add to their already oppressive control over citizens. So, I got my basic and advanced drone pilot license and during the course, learned that I have to apply for permission to fly every time I want to fly (yes, every ( Mod Removed Langage) time- I'm in Toronto) in excruciating detail. As a photographer, I found that some of the best photographs were unplanned. Also, you can't fly over any parks, which is half the country. If I want to fly over people, I have to buy a parachute for $2,000. On and on. I'm selling my Spark for peanuts, like you, I have a Mavic Mini that I haven't used yet and I have to decide whether to buy the parachute kit. I want to buy the new Matrice M300 but I'm worried that the Canadian government is going to require a GPS camera implanted up my a( Mod Removed Language)as part of the begging for permission process. If I schedule a flight to do B roll for some of the film production companies I contract to, and then the permission is not granted, I will never work for that company again. The warm weather is here and I have to make a decision to keep using ground vehicles and renting helicopters or go all in and put my Sony A7RIV on a gimbal attached to the M300 or M600 but DJI hasn't upgraded the gimbal to operate my camera yet. At least when I checked last. The 60MP Sony A7RIV delivers amazing footage with great glass and I could save a ton on helo rentals but I can't get any assurances from Transport Canada. The Trudeau government should pack up and move to Communist China, which they are trying to emulate. It's frustrating brother. I totally get your bummer experience. Advice anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you. I was excited about the technology and bought a few drones. Then, as usual the Canadian dictatorship decided to add to their already oppressive control over citizens. So, I got my basic and advanced drone pilot license and during the course, learned that I have to apply for permission to fly every time I want to fly (yes, every ( mod removed Langage)- I'm in Toronto) in excruciating detail. As a photographer, I found that some of the best photographs were unplanned. Also, you can't fly over any parks, which is half the country. If I want to fly over people, I have to buy a parachute for $2,000. On and on. I'm selling my Spark for peanuts, like you, I have a Mavic Mini that I haven't used yet and I have to decide whether to buy the parachute kit. I want to buy the new Matrice M300 but I'm worried that the Canadian government is going to require a GPS camera implanted up my (Mod removed Langage)as part of the begging for permission process. If I schedule a flight to do B roll for some of the film production companies I contract to, and then the permission is not granted, I will never work for that company again. The warm weather is here and I have to make a decision to keep using ground vehicles and renting helicopters or go all in and put my Sony A7RIV on a gimbal attached to the M300 or M600 but DJI hasn't upgraded the gimbal to operate my camera yet. At least when I checked last. The 60MP Sony A7RIV delivers amazing footage with great glass and I could save a ton on helo rentals but I can't get any assurances from Transport Canada. The Trudeau government should pack up and move to Communist China, which they are trying to emulate. It's frustrating brother. I totally get your bummer experience. Advice anyone?
That really sucks!! Not so sure about the Great White North, however, here in the US, unfortunately, rules and laws are usually put in place because if there is a dumb, unsafe and irritating way to do something, someone always finds is, does it and that's what ruins a lot of thing for otherwise law-abiding and fun-loving people. It's a real shame. It seems like you have to get in on the ground floor and spend tons of $$$ to have any length of fun before some ( Mod Removed Langage)comes along and ruins it for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mereflyer
I totally agree with you. I was excited about the technology and bought a few drones. Then, as usual the Canadian dictatorship decided to add to their already oppressive control over citizens. So, I got my basic and advanced drone pilot license and during the course, learned that I have to apply for permission to fly every time I want to fly (yes, every ( Mod Removed Langage)time- I'm in Toronto) in excruciating detail. As a photographer, I found that some of the best photographs were unplanned. Also, you can't fly over any parks, which is half the country. If I want to fly over people, I have to buy a parachute for $2,000. On and on. I'm selling my Spark for peanuts, like you, I have a Mavic Mini that I haven't used yet and I have to decide whether to buy the parachute kit. I want to buy the new Matrice M300 but I'm worried that the Canadian government is going to require a GPS camera implanted up my (Mod Removed Langage)as part of the begging for permission process. If I schedule a flight to do B roll for some of the film production companies I contract to, and then the permission is not granted, I will never work for that company again. The warm weather is here and I have to make a decision to keep using ground vehicles and renting helicopters or go all in and put my Sony A7RIV on a gimbal attached to the M300 or M600 but DJI hasn't upgraded the gimbal to operate my camera yet. At least when I checked last. The 60MP Sony A7RIV delivers amazing footage with great glass and I could save a ton on helo rentals but I can't get any assurances from Transport Canada. The Trudeau government should pack up and move to Communist China, which they are trying to emulate. It's frustrating brother. I totally get your bummer experience. Advice anyone?
I understand so-called communist China has much less restrictions than Canada regards flying drones.

I totally agree with you. I was excited about the technology and bought a few drones. Then, as usual the Canadian dictatorship decided to add to their already oppressive control over citizens. So, I got my basic and advanced drone pilot license and during the course, learned that I have to apply for permission to fly every time I want to fly (yes, every ( Mod Removed Langage) time- I'm in Toronto) in excruciating detail. As a photographer, I found that some of the best photographs were unplanned. Also, you can't fly over any parks, which is half the country. If I want to fly over people, I have to buy a parachute for $2,000. On and on. I'm selling my Spark for peanuts, like you, I have a Mavic Mini that I haven't used yet and I have to decide whether to buy the parachute kit. I want to buy the new Matrice M300 but I'm worried that the Canadian government is going to require a GPS camera implanted up my a( Mod Removed Language)as part of the begging for permission process. If I schedule a flight to do B roll for some of the film production companies I contract to, and then the permission is not granted, I will never work for that company again. The warm weather is here and I have to make a decision to keep using ground vehicles and renting helicopters or go all in and put my Sony A7RIV on a gimbal attached to the M300 or M600 but DJI hasn't upgraded the gimbal to operate my camera yet. At least when I checked last. The 60MP Sony A7RIV delivers amazing footage with great glass and I could save a ton on helo rentals but I can't get any assurances from Transport Canada. The Trudeau government should pack up and move to Communist China, which they are trying to emulate. It's frustrating brother. I totally get your bummer experience. Advice anyone?

My bad experience with Canada is with guns but you have added more reasons for me to never set foot across that border again. Last time I crossed the border with an Arizona licence plate, the border guards just knew we were hiding guns &/or illegals in our truck & they searched every inch of my vehicle while allowing more nefarious looking rigs to pass through Customs untouched. I don't need to ever, ever go to that frozen country to the North again...
~

My bad experience with Canada is with guns but you have added more reasons for me to never set foot across that border again. Last time I crossed the border with an Arizona licence plate, the border guards just knew we were hiding guns &/or illegals in our truck & they searched every inch of my vehicle while allowing more nefarious looking rigs to pass through Customs untouched. I don't need to ever, ever go to that frozen country to the North again...
~
Welcome to the new world order, I'm setting here in my man cave looking at no less than 8 DJI drones, about $8000 worth, I have another 6 RC helicopters, many, many, RC airplanes and gliders, I haven't flown in about 6 months, and am thinking very serious about just giving it up, I've been flying RC models for more than 40 years, all kinds, in the last year (the US) is starting to put more and more restrictions on the RC hobby, It's bin a good ride but I'm afraid it's about to end. So sad.

IMG_0088.gif

Reactions: Drone Master
I placed this thread on a temporary hold! As these type of threads can lead into political and gun issue rights and unnecessary comments about them.
We are currently reviewing this thread at this time.

Updated!

Thread back open, however be aware that if the above issues mentioned happen, We will end this thread quickly. ?
Well I just deleted another post DM so guess they missed this and my post. I see this isn’t going to get any better
so that’s it guys. .
42A0F9AC-C242-4A1E-ADDC-47F3AA5F48A2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661