DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Welsh Coastline - far more stunning than you'd guess!

Nice vid, going down there myself next couple of weeks... Where about in Pembrokeshire were those beaches?

The beaches of Gower and West Wales are fantastic at the moment with possibly the best summer for a generation. Ive done a fair bit down there but 99% stills - i dont do too much video.
Had any issues with National Trust gestapo yet flying from the beach area?

Nice vid, going down there myself next couple of weeks... Where about in Pembrokeshire were those beaches?

Thanks!
The beaches are all close to Stackpole - most of it is in the stretch from Barafundle bay around to Broadhaven. Enjoy, and good luck with the weather!

I got quite a lot of nice stuff from the Tenby and Manorbier range. Tenby at low tide is really nice from the air for example.
Just dont fly over St Margarats Island because its a SSSI and check the Manorbier danger area is inactive before flying around that area. They wont take too kindle to flying a drone in an active air defence live fire range otherwise).

Tenby
by Richard Whitcombe, on Flickr

Tenby by Richard Whitcombe, on Flickr

Sadly the weather has gone back to its normal "terrible" setting now.

Reactions: Niiik
Thanks Niiik... weather has been good until today!
Have some footage from a beach we visited by boat but nothing to process it on with me. Also checked out Broad haven yesterday, a great beach but far too windy to fly. Will upload something when we get home.

I got quite a lot of nice stuff from the Tenby and Manorbier range. Tenby at low tide is really nice from the air for example.
Just dont fly over St Margarats Island because its a SSSI and check the Manorbier danger area is inactive before flying around that area. They wont take too kindle to flying a drone in an active air defence live fire range otherwise).

Tenby
by Richard Whitcombe, on Flickr

Tenby by Richard Whitcombe, on Flickr

Sadly the weather has gone back to its normal "terrible" setting now.

These are absolutely incredible! What settings do you use? ND filter?
I always end up taking more video than photos - which I tend to regret!

Never use an ND for stills - the last thing you want is a slow shutter speed blurring.
You can use a circular polariser if you specifically rotate and set it up before the flight and shoot from that angle.
Other than that, nothing special, just shoot in RAW, make sure exposure is OK and err wait until its sunny!

I shoot very little video at all. 90%+ stills.

Never use an ND for stills - the last thing you want is a slow shutter speed blurring.
You can use a circular polariser if you specifically rotate and set it up before the flight and shoot from that angle.
Other than that, nothing special, just shoot in RAW, make sure exposure is OK and err wait until its sunny!

I shoot very little video at all. 90%+ stills.
Yes, of course Thumbswayup. I've not been shooting in raw, and have in general been a little disappointed in the photos relative to the videos. I think part of this is the direct comparison, side-by-side in lightroom, to photos from my DSLR. Oh well, I'll have to have another try:).

Have some footage from a beach we visited by boat but nothing to process it on with me. Also checked out Broad haven yesterday, a great beach but far too windy to fly. Will upload something when we get home.
Looking forward to seeing it - can you reply with a link once it's up?

We got back yesterday and I put together a quick video of a day at Lindsay bay near St Ismael. You can get to it down some steep steps... or by boat of course. As you can see a couple took over a large part of the beach for some impromptu and ephemeral artwork.

We got back yesterday and I put together a quick video of a day at Lindsay bay near St Ismael. You can get to it down some steep steps... or by boat of course. As you can see a couple took over a large part of the beach for some impromptu and ephemeral artwork.
Beautiful!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS