DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The WORST place to crash your drone

Zapiture

Reactions
So I managed to totally freak out my wife. She bought me a Mavic Pro for Xmas and I managed to CRASH IT IN THE AFRICAN BUSHVELD. It got me curious: WHERE IS THE WORST PLACE A MAVIC PRO HAS CRASHED? It would make interesting reading, please add a clip if you can.

Here is my story as we had a major overland trip planned for the Holidays, she let me have it a few days before we set off.

In all I would guess I had 8 hrs of flight time and about 22 take offs. From the onset I was ecstatic with the gear and perhaps had a fair bit of false conference built up that set me up for an epic fail.

We arrive in Botswana two days before Xmas and I get the Mavic to follow me. I get great footage but the 4x4 rig is to **** small on the shot so I get the Mavic closer plus I slide the rotating pivot point to allow for a 360 deg shot from all sides. Big mistake, I miscalculated the big thorn tree and the drone ended up clipping one of the high branches. Down it came and once almost recovered.

Watch the clip here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My first attempt at a YouTube video. Don’t laugh too much.

Let me know what you think.

thats a shame, and im not laughing.
im sure it did not spoil a great holiday,

in hindsight going up above the trees before 360 would have been a better choice. the panning up to get a 360 of the view.
did you do much damage, was it usable for the rest of your trip?

Wow! The opening shot is epic! Sorry about your bird, how's she doing?

I don’t think it can get much worse than in the middle of a lake or in the ocean, where chance of recovery is nil. I haven’t done it personally, but have read plenty of stories. At least if it crashes somewhere on land, there is a chance of locating it.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I don’t think it can get much worse than in the middle of a lake or in the ocean, where chance of recovery is nil. I haven’t done it personally, but have read plenty of stories. At least if it crashes somewhere on land, there is a chance of locating it.

Yes, send one to Poseidon myself. However knowing I cant recover it gives quick closure. Having a flyaway and knowing it must be recoverable, but not being able to find it, possibly spending hours and hours looking for it, seems like a worse fate to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rufusbird2