DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thermal camera

Arun

Reactions
I have a Mavic pro and i need a thermal camera only for the same which Flir camera to buy and and from where

i want to use it for checking solar fields
All right - be sure to have:
- a FLIR camera with minimum 336x256 resolution or better (640x512)
- the cam should be radiometric (can determine exact temperature values of an object)
- a gimbal where the camera is stabilized while flying.
- If inspecting large solar fields, the camera should provide lat/long coordinates for later reports to your client.
- You are intend to use the FLIR with a Mavic, so you must have an external video downlink that you can actually see what you are inspecting.

The FLIR Duo Pro R is a good cam for that purpose.

Just to give you an overview, look at FLIR#s website: FLIR Duo Pro R HD Dual-Sensor Thermal Camera for Drones | FLIR Systems
For the gimbal, look at: 2 Axis Flir Duo R Micro Gimbal for DJI Mavic Pro

This was helpful for me as well thank you. Although i am wondering if there is a way yet to put a FLIR on the Mavic 2 Pro (not Mavic 2 Enterprise thats since launched?). Want to use it for assisting community watches looking for suspects / lost persons.

Although i am wondering if there is a way yet to put a FLIR on the Mavic 2 Pro (not Mavic 2 Enterprise thats since launched?)
You can do it. Essentially on any aircraft if you have or can build your own mount.
In the image below i 3D printed a mount for a Mavic Pro. If you have access to a 3D printer that's an easy task.

FLIR_VUEPROonMP.jpg

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez