DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thermal Drone Camera ? Can it capture something like the UFO Jelly Fish that has gone viral ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I originally got a drone years ago to go about in the clouds and in storms to spot a UFO , needless to say I never found one.

However If there ever was a reason for me to get the Mavic 3 Thermal , the Jelly Fish video might be it as I have never flown in a storm with a thermal camera , and just need confirmation that this is the same type of thermal camera being used here.

Im sure there are other videos but this talks about the video that was not released of this thing dropping in the water and than exploding into the sky. The millitary is considering releasing the rest of the video.

that last part looked like bug not a jelly fish.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the UFO in thermal in the storm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Millions off tax dollars later, We have finally found the secret and elusive iraqi government pinata! Next step: Navy seals with sticks!

If I was able to travel between stars, I would suspect I might be able to make my floaty gizmos thermally neutral. I have an M3T, its camera is good, but not very wide band thermal, fairly narrow discrimination. The Matrice series has the same camera, but in a different mount. Same resolution and span. When in the Navy I both flew operationally and then later test flew the E2 Hawkey series, several different models. Also flew the F-18, a couple of different models. The IR system in the F-18 can track targets in IR, but only within certain spans of temp difference. The E2 can track pretty much anything that moves and will return a long wave reflection. It is not microwave radar, but RF. It can see most stealth aircraft. Stealth works on short wave targeting microwaves. Which is the truly important part, from the pilot perspective.

So your aliens would have to have both techs incorporated, both microwave and RF stealth thing, something we have not really been able to achieve yet. Then again, we are talking about a civilization that can travel between stars, so they probably cracked that as well. So why would we be able to see them in any spectrum at all, unless they wanted us to? Personally in the 5,000+ hours in the air over every continent and ocean except Antartica, never saw any UFO's on the $200 million dollar radar or on any of the other radars and infrared tracking system I fiddled with. Even when I was with NOAA on the WP3D, never saw anything on the insanely expensive 3D doppler radar we had or the IR equipment we had to see events in hurricanes. I really wanted to see one, alas.

UFO's; goes back to what a comic once said at a comedy club when I was at UCLA. "So you can go faster than the speed of light, why do you need headlights?"

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Good to know about the Martrice having the same camera as I was thinking maybe that was a different one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I looked at upgrading the camera for a project that where different resolution would be a big advantage, that and I can swap out to a LIDAR head on the Matrice series. After looking at all the specs across the entire professional product line, I realized they used the exact same camera on them all! Just charged a ton more for it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne