DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

They don't make them like this anymore.

I shoot this one a lot. It's handy when I need a drone flying fix and don't want to go too far. It's in the middle of a field on the farm next to our family farm where my mother lives. It's on a low traffic township road. The owner rents our land, so there aren't any "trespassing" issues.

Reactions: Thomas B and Bobvt
Another thing that would be interesting to document are tank houses, those funny looking buildings where there’s a room built underneath an elevated water tank. They are interesting in that the architecture of them can actually be traced back to the different original countries where the settlers that built them came from.

Had one on the farm where I grew up about 40 miles north of Dodge City for decades. Tornado finally took it out. Two years ago another tornado took out the rest of the farmstead, even the barn that had been there since 1906. Only thing left standing was the stone house, minus the roof. It was built in the late 1880's.

The cost of windmill parts is prohibitive nowadays. A 6' fan might be close to a grand. Most just put in an electric pump, even solar powered is cheaper than a new mill. Hard to find anyone competent to work on them too. Only original one I've seen recently was in Huerfano County Colorado.

davidzimagery, those are nice photos. Good light.

Really nice pics! I love those old windmills. Even old, unused windmills are getting hard to find, much less in working condition. Here's one I shot two years ago in Nevada:

I shoot this one a lot. It's handy when I need a drone flying fix and don't want to go too far. It's in the middle of a field on the farm next to our family farm where my mother lives. It's on a low traffic township road. The owner rents our land, so there aren't any "trespassing" issues.

Did you get to plant anything this year with all the rain we've been having? A lot of the farms out here are just starting to plant

Did you get to plant anything this year with all the rain we've been having? A lot of the farms out here are just starting to plant
While I do own farm land, I don't farm it. The farmers that rent it, have managed to get our land planted and crops have emerged. As I drive around the area, I do still see planting going on. This is the latest I've ever remember seeing planting started. I'm sure some acreage won't get planted and won't mature if is.

While I do own farm land, I don't farm it. The farmers that rent it, have managed to get our land planted and crops have emerged. As I drive around the area, I do still see planting going on. This is the latest I've ever remember seeing planting started. I'm sure some acreage won't get planted and won't mature if is.
Yeah my dad leases his land as well since he can't do it anymore, I grew up farming and I've never seen it like this as well. It'll be mostly soybeans out here I'm guessing.

As my dad used to say, it could always be worse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky