DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things DJI can improve in Mini 3. Just my opinion.

I hate the way they are measured too. Makes it really hard to work out how much bigger or smaller something is.
At least system is consistent in how it's bad.
Unlike all different bicycle tire markings, except metric ETRTO.

Sensor any better than 1/1.3" f/2 would be GREAT!
The Mini2 was 1/2.3" f/2.8.
Autel Nano Plus is 1/1.28" f/1.9.
So, 1/1.2 would be super!

just joining this thread and based on the leaks it seems certain we are getting:

1. obstacle avoidance front, back, and down
2. a better camera by some amount
3. a larger battery but not sure this means more battery life… i’m guessing it will go up a minute or two.

as for me? i’m hoping that active track is present including the ability to track during quick shot moves… ie. boomerang around a moving target etc. i also want the ability to select a target and fly circles around it etc. these are all things even the old Mavic Pro (the first one) could do.

The one thing they NEED to add is 10 bit LOG or at least a flat/log/d-cinelike profile for color grading.

i think that is one of the ways they will continue to differentiate from the Air 2S… the Mini 3 Pro may well gain a better camera, obstacle avoidance, and some level of active track but they will keep more advanced videography features like log profiles and flat color grades to the Air 2S and up series just to avoid canabilizing sales is my guess. maybe the mini 3 “PRO” will get it but i still doubt it.

Reactions: Faster
Agree. However, I think sub 249g market is going to explode really soon, including luxury offerings. This is where market is going right now. I bet we'll see some expensive drones, with many costing more than some upper level drones.
I can even make a bet that DJI will have Mini SE (entry-level), Mini 2 (higher end entry-level), Mini 3 (it might not be entry-level anymore depending on features) and maybe even later we'll see something like Mini 3 Pro. Along with that we might start seeing discontinuation of some other non entry level drones because they will be taken over by sub 249g ones. Maybe Mavic 3 got so many issues because focus is shifting in DJI roadmap. We already saw something similar in computers: desktops got pushed out by laptops (which are already pushed out too, but that's another thread). Same thing with mirrorless cameras and DSLRs. Imho we are clearly seeing trend in drones too. Just my opinion. I bet in 3 years it'll be Mini 5 Pro Plus - a $5k drone along with cheaper Air4s and Mavic 5 trailing the sails. Ok, maybe that last prediction is a fantasy but the trend is going there.

this is so likely. there are absolutely people who value the quality differences that come with the larger sensors that larger drones can support, and some will need the ability to fly in higher winds etc. BUT I’d argue for most non-professional users the camera quality available to “mini” sub 250g drones will soon prove MORE than enough and combined with less legal restrictions, ease of packing, and a drone that now can have all the flying aids like obstacle avoidance and active track… they will be the #1 sellers far and away.

this is so likely. there are absolutely people who value the quality differences that come with the larger sensors that larger drones can support, and some will need the ability to fly in higher winds etc. BUT I’d argue for most non-professional users the camera quality available to “mini” sub 250g drones will soon prove MORE than enough and combined with less legal restrictions...
While there's no doubt going to be increase in sensor size, size of gimbal and hence camera and hence sensor what sub 250 gram drone can carry is limited.
Unless wanting to strip it from about everything else or then cut down on battery.
So camera quality to match bigger drones will be trade off with something else.

As for restrictions that's location dependent.
If EASA drone classifications were in use, you could fly Mavic 3 weight drone in same least restricted A1 category.
In EASA rules only difference to sub 900 gram C1 drone is lack of online test passing requirement for sub 250 gram/C0 drone.
But you can take online test anyway when registering as drone operator.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine