DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Things DJI can improve in Mini 3. Just my opinion.

Does anyone have non-fuzzy information to suggest that a Mini-3 may be coming out this year?

Thx,

TCS

- 35mm sensor
- 50km VLOS range
- 120min flight time
- 8k video 240fps
- 100km/h max speed
- 30km max altidue limit to be able to observe and monitor high altitude baloons and fly above palanes to avoid any issues.
-200x zoom (from 30km above it might be usefull)

not much just those 7

I think DJI should offer a PRO version of the Mini 3 with as far as possible the features of the Air 2s, but in sub 250g weight. I, and I think others would be prepared to pay the extra for such so they can use those features in locations where the Air 2s cannot fly, due to European legislation.

I realize weight restrictions may not allow everything, but no weight reason why all software features of the Air 2s, or even Mavic 3 cannot be included in a compact package. S-Log and HLG colour profiles I would very like to see and spotlight feature. Surely those would not increase weight?

If it has a 1" sensor I will eat the props for my Mini 2.

I didn't know that. Thank you for the info.
Sensor sizes are bogus numbers -- excuse me, hypothetical numbers -- about 50% larger than the actual diagonal measurement. (The system is a carryover from the first TV cameras, which had round tube sensors, but only that much of the diameter was usable because of vignetting. The general idea was to try to match the field of view when the same lens was used on either. I have no idea why they use a decimal fraction as the denominator of another fraction.)

A 1/1.3" sensor would have a diagonal around 0.52" with an aspect ratio of 3:4, so the surface area would be about 0.13 sq.in.

A 1" sensor would have a diagonal around 0.67", so the surface area would be about 0.22 sq.in.

I hate the way they are measured too. Makes it really hard to work out how much bigger or smaller something is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89