DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about a skin (wrap)

Ive had the pleasure of applying skins to two MA2 quads. Cleaned A/C and hands with isopropyl alcohol. Wiped down A/C with lint free cloth. The alcohol does leave a film. Has taken an hour to apply skin. Steady as you go. I start in center of a member portion and work outward, pressing the air outward along the way. Ive never had a trapped air bubble. If it appears as though the fit isnt going along as intended, I peel the section off and go at it again. Peel back before laying down the last edges.

There's an issue with skins and many clip on accessories. Accessories such as landing extensions, prop guards, anything that "clips" on. These accessories at tight fitting. The thickness of a skin with interfere with affixing accessories. I trimmed back the skins at the prop end of arms.

Orange is cool, Like my Mavic Air!!! Whoever took ityou should come an get the batteries and flymore pack while they are still of some use. Or does any nice (nom-thief) person near Yucaipa,Ca want to come and get them before they go bad. I had em on a storage charge till a month ago and dont feel like checking on them anymore

How long did it take to apply? Was it hard?
I wouldn't call it hard.... you just need to take your time. This is not a job to rush through. Sometimes some curved surfaces can prove problematic, but you just have to work curves into submission. I've wrapped every one of mine (7 and counting) to give them some personality and visibility, and each one was a different experience.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78