DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about getting a mini 2

caryflyboy

Reactions
Thinking about getting a mini 2, the question is is does a phone or tablet have to be connected only with a cable? Or can it be by WiFi? The lightning port on my iPhone has a problem and don’t work, charge it wirelessly and not sure if I want to fix it.

Yes the cable connection is a 'must' if you need to make changes. There is no wifi with regards to control
Perhaps a second hand phone, be that iPhone or android, it does NOT need a SIM card/network connection. If you take that approach just be sure the phone is compatible with the app version you will be installing.

Reactions: March411
I'll just leave this here, a list of tablets and phones used by the membership for the fly app

1000 nits or better
DJI CrystalSky 2017
DJI RC Pro 2021
Tripltek
Tablets that meet the following criteria required for the Fly App:
Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS (not required but a benefit)
Compass(not required but a benefit)
Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s
Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...
Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL

The attached list is tablets only pulled from phantomhelp.com - best-tablets and phones. Some have the nits listed.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Tablet_List.pdf
    440.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Phone_List.pdf
    474.2 KB · Views: 2
Haven't bought one yet, looks like amazon has a decent price for the mini 2 at $299.00. I guess I'll ask my friends if they have any smart phone they do not use anymore.... That's the nice thing about my Holy Stone HS-720, it will do that thru its wifi setting on the phone

Maybe you have looked carefully but all of the problems I have had with the lightning connector is just being gummed up. Dig in there really good with a toothpick and blow compressed air if you have it. It's surprising how much stuff can get lodged in there.

I'll just leave this here, a list of tablets and phones used by the membership for the fly app

1000 nits or better
DJI CrystalSky 2017
DJI RC Pro 2021
Tripltek
Tablets that meet the following criteria required for the Fly App:
Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS (not required but a benefit)
Compass(not required but a benefit)
Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s
Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...
Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL

The attached list is tablets only pulled from phantomhelp.com - best-tablets and phones. Some have the nits listed.
Hope this helps.
A note, I have the listed Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. It is a bit smaller than the A7 and I find it to be just right. I find it works perfectly to have a QR code reader on the tablet. Since you want to at least have the DJI Fly app running, the easy way to get it is to find the QR code (listed in this topic or at the DJI web site). Scan the QR code and DJI Fly's APK is there, ready to install. I did that with both my phone and tablet, and it made life a lot simpler. The key (listed above) is that the tablet has a 64 bit processor. If you search thru stats, they hardly ever list that feature. A friend here had to clue me in to that feature of the Galaxy Tab A7 tablet.

Reactions: March411
Maybe you have looked carefully but all of the problems I have had with the lightning connector is just being gummed up. Dig in there really good with a toothpick and blow compressed air if you have it. It's surprising how much stuff can get lodged in there.
Took a toothpick and did some digging, a clump of lint and dog fur came out and now it looks like the lightning port will cooperate again. Maybe wait a day or two before ordering it to see. Thanks for the advice, the Apple repair place was talking about needing to replace the connector on phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada