DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of selling Mavic - How do we prepare our Mavic for selling?

peros550

Reactions
Not because of the new MPP.

I'm thinking to sell and keep the money as I haven't been flying it much lately. The money will be invested in Mavic 2 when that becomes available.

What to do to prepare the Mavic for selling?

Would the new user be able to see the locations were I flown previously?
Do I need to do anything to unpair the Mavic from my DJI account?

The new owner will create his/her own account (with a separate login) where all of their flight logs are stored. They will not have access to your flight logs unless they use your username and password. Just log out of your DJI account, stop using it (or delete it) and don't share that account information with anyone and you should be fine.

Not that it's any of my business, but I don't understand your logic. You're going to sell your drone because you don't fly it much and use the money to buy a new (more expensive) drone? That's like saying you bought a new guitar and you never play it so you're going to sell it to buy.... a new guitar.

Are you really going to fly a new mavic more often because it takes better pictures, has a sturdier gimbal, or has longer flight time? My guess is that if you don't fly a Mavic, you probably won't fly a Mavic 2. Any updates or improvements are not going to be that dramatic.... it's still going to be just another flying camera. Just my 2 cents.

But it's your money... so go for it.

Hi Trayboz,

thank you for your advises.

Are there any flight logs locally (like at the remote or at the Mavic itself) that I should delete?

I haven't made my mind yet, but I was thinking that summer is over. The following months, the weather will be getting worse, thus less opportunities to fly the Mavic.

I am personally very happy with its portability and flying capabilities, but its video quality is not at the level I expected. That's the main reason for thinking of selling it.

I have experienced a lot of flickering in my videos and in general it needs a lot of efforts to try to set up all settings (not to mention the ND filters) in order to get a result good enough for my eyes. Others also use post processing and special plugins to remove flickering. I understand that Mavic is not a P4P but I am not going to a Phantom or Inspire series, as the portability of Mavic is no brainer.

Hence, what are my options? I would think of Mavic 2 (assuming MP2 will provide improved camera department), as at the moment there is nothing else to compete with DJI at that level.

And here is why I am still thinking of selling it and haven't decided yet. If I sell it now, I will get probably a better offer, since there still is warranty and Care refresh period. That would make the sell easier. On the other hand, with MPP just announced, MP 2 (if they decide to call it like that) will be announced in at least 6 to 12 months from now (personal estimation). Am I ready to wait so much for the next Mavic? Flying with Mavic is really really fun after all.

Don't know! That's why I'am confused. Sorry for this long post.

And here is why I am still thinking of selling it and haven't decided yet. If I sell it now, I will get probably a better offer, since there still is warranty and Care refresh period. That would make the sell easier. t.

The warranty and Refresh are only for the original purchaser and are non-transferable. Sorry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair