DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of the air 2s

Gunman45

Reactions
I'm thinking of buying the Air 2s (mini 2 Pro just had two many issues for an upgrade) but I already have the controller for my Mini 2. Is there anyway to get just the Air 2s? I have read so bad reviews on Ebay and Amazon stand-alones that I really don't want to go that route.

I'm thinking of buying the Air 2s (mini 2 Pro just had two many issues for an upgrade) but I already have the controller for my Mini 2. Is there anyway to get just the Air 2s? I have read so bad reviews on Ebay and Amazon stand-alones that I really don't want to go that route.

Heads up...

An Air 2s FMC just went up in the classifieds today.

Sweet deal for $700! 😳

Reactions: Mavikhan
I don’t think I’d listen to negative reviews. I’ve had the air 2S for almost 2 years. It is my main photography drone. I recently started a business after becoming certified. I also have a Mavic 3T for thermal, mapping and inspection work.

In my opinion, the 2S is still a very difficult drone to beat for the money. The 1 inch sensor/low light performance is excellent. There are a ton of aftermarket accessories, including ribbon cables for adding batteries for extended flight time. It’s lightweight and very portable. Pair it with a smart controller of some kind and you’ve really got some thing. I use the RC pro but originally had the smart controller. The 2S has occusync 3 with the right remote. It makes a major difference.

My only minor criticisms are flight time, prop noise and no zoom on still photos. But unless you want to spend a lot more, that’s where things are.

Reactions: JmsWms and Mavikhan
I’ve got the air 2s it’s v good can fly in strong winds over the waves which the mini is not capable of
Use litchi vr best and involving
I don’t think I’d listen to negative reviews. I’ve had the air 2S for almost 2 years. It is my main photography drone. I recently started a business after becoming certified. I also have a Mavic 3T for thermal, mapping and inspection work.

In my opinion, the 2S is still a very difficult drone to beat for the money. The 1 inch sensor/low light performance is excellent. There are a ton of aftermarket accessories, including ribbon cables for adding batteries for extended flight time. It’s lightweight and very portable. Pair it with a smart controller of some kind and you’ve really got some thing. I use the RC pro but originally had the smart controller. The 2S has occusync 3 with the right remote. It makes a major difference.

My only minor criticisms are flight time, prop noise and no zoom on still photos. But unless you want to spend a lot more, that’s where things are.

I think buying here in Mavic pilots classified is the best way to go if you are looking used.
even if you end up with 2 controllers. Spare. Or sell off separately what you dont want.
If new, the only way I have seen it available without controller is on eBay where they buy the air 2s for the smart controller, then sell the bird and batteries.

If you buy a drone only, you will need batteries and a charger. The FMC in the classifieds here are your best bet, and cheaper than the bare drone.

I love my Air2S so much. I love how versatile it is. It is a great all around drone for everything. Yes it doesn't have all the fancy cameras that the Mavic 3 does, but it isn't as expensive either. And the batteries aren't as expensive either. As for using a remote from another drone, I wouldn't because the other drone Mini 2 uses Ocusync 2 and the Air2s uses Ocusync 3 which is going to give you more range and better communications overall. So there are changes between the two controllers, even though they do look the same.

I have an Air 2s and a Mini 3 Pro. If I could keep only one, I'd take the Mini. The absolute abysmal battery life of the Air 2s is a real downer. I get about 17 minutes before I get nervous and bring her back with 15%, Mini will fly almost twice as long with the "plus" battery.

DJI air2s (refurb @ DJI) $679 with bat. and rc-n1....cant tell its not new.

I have an Air 2s and a Mini 3 Pro. If I could keep only one, I'd take the Mini. The absolute abysmal battery life of the Air 2s is a real downer. I get about 17 minutes before I get nervous and bring her back with 15%, Mini will fly almost twice as long with the "plus" battery.
I have both as well. I don't use the M3P with the plus battery though, as I want to keep it under 250g. I wouldn't call the Air 2S battery life exactly "abysmal", just not "great". I get about 20 minutes per battery.

• Sad

I have a Mini 3 Pro also and I just bought the Air 2S new from Best Buy and besides one of the batteries being dead out of the box, the fully charged flight time is 26 minutes and my first test flight was concerning with real use. It is larger and louder, but I'm mainly after a better image so I was going to ignore those parts. I completely understand that a smaller and less capable drone might be able to fly longer, but I will have to adjust how I shoot to work around the flight times.

Maybe most people come from the larger drone side to the mini side and this doesn't become an issue but man, there are times when I burn 15 minutes of my Mini flight just pounding out quick vantage spots for the sunset or whatever and I still have 25 minutes left to shoot without even thinking about landing. The Air 2S will be able to perform in conditions my Mini can't with wind, but the reduced air time per battery is really going to change how I fly if I stay with it.

I'm still have to test more images tonight in my yard and simulate how I will be using it with a lot of positioning etc. Once I get a better run at the images, I will really know how I feel.

I fly the Air 2s and have 3 fully charged batteries with me always. If my flight time uses up 1 battery, I land, swap out the batteries and resume my flight. Theoretically, I can safely fly for an hour this way.

Do you not have more than one battery?

I fly the Air 2s and have 3 fully charged batteries with me always. If my flight time uses up 1 battery, I land, swap out the batteries and resume my flight. Theoretically, I can safely fly for an hour this way.

Do you not have more than one battery?
I have four charged batteries at all times. Plus I can mobile charge. Also, I use a a ribbon cable from StsrtRC and can add an extra 3s lipo 2200mah.

I also have a 3T with much longer times, obviously.

See my response above. Do you not have more than one battery for the Air 2s? I'm with you on getting nervous but more like @ 20%. Having multiple batteries allows me to not worry so much and enjoy the "longer" flight times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost