DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of upgrading from Mavic Platinum Pro to M2P, but is worth it?

Paulf10

Reactions
I’ve have my MPP for a couple of years and I’m pretty happy with it. However I feel like its time for an upgrade.
My question is to those who have done the upgrade from MPP to M2P. Do you feel like the investment was worth it? If so, why?

Thanks in advance!

I sold my mavic pro and bought m2p. I really like it. My mavic pro worked fine. My new one of course has a better camera and just seems to run smoother. Well worth it for me. I do a lot of work for DroneBase

Reactions: Paulf10
I upgraded from the MPP to the M2P when it came out as I'd always liked the Mavic but being used to larger sensors I found the small 1/2.3in sensor frustrating as the dynamic range is limited and there's little latitude to work with. With that in mind the M2P was well worth the upgrade even though the 1in sensor is still relatively small it's a huge improvement on the smaller 1/2.3in sensor if you process the raw files yourself. I do like the other improvements with the 8GB onboard memory that has saved me a couple of times after forgetting my memory card, flight time is a little longer, it has better OA and the one piece gimbal cover is better. These are small bonuses though and I wouldn't have bought the M2P if it didn't have the improved sensor.

I upgraded from the original Mavic Pro to the 2 Pro. In addition to the larger sensor, I have really appreciated the actual, real aperture adjustments and the easy ability to twist on ND filters. Sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference. ?

I had the MP for about a year and to be honest did not like it as the camera did a poor job in low light however I sold it and purchased an MPz which is awesome. Great cameral and very reliable connection as is to be expected. I did figure out when using the zoom feature the exposure is best left on auto as the exposure can change dramatically while zooming. I use my MPz for commercial use and my MA and EVO for horsing around.

Reactions: Bekanne
I had the MP for about a year and to be honest did not like it as the camera did a poor job in low light however I sold it and purchased an MPz which is awesome. Great cameral and very reliable connection as is to be expected. I did figure out when using the zoom feature the exposure is best left on auto as the exposure can change dramatically while zooming. I use my MPz for commercial use and my MA and EVO for horsing around.
That's one of the drawbacks of a lightweight, cheap, zoom lens with variable aperture. Fixed aperture zoom would be way too heavy. f/2.8 goes to f/3.8 as the zoom goes from 1x to 2x. Don't try zooming it at night when you are already at ISO 3200! It will go too dark to see!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ