DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Third party liability insurance?

ESilvester

Reactions
I have one flight under my belt and nobody died. Successful mission!

Does anyone have any views on third party liability insurance? A friend of mine recommended Members Insurance - does anyone here have insurance or are you all running the gauntlet?

I've joined the British Model Flying Association (BMFA) and get a very good 3rd party Insurance cover as part of the membership.

Does anyone know of any insurance claims on third parties from a drone accident?

Check your homeowners policy. Some HO policies cover liability from operation of RC model aircraft (for hobby/recreational purposes). The UAV specific policies sometimes have more exceptions or exclusions to coverage than HO. I believe I read one recently that said we will insure you unless the accident was your fault. Such an exclusion greatly undercuts the value of the coverage. I believe the AMA insurance is conditioned upon your strict compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and AMA guidelines. The coverage is free with membership so hard to complain but still good to know what kind of protection you are actually getting.

Reactions: mao
AMA is not worldwide.

I checked with Coverdrone and they won’t insure Americans operating in Europe.

Here is one option with worldwide coverage, almost $300 a year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor