DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is another new one to me - remote controller connection error.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

Powered everything on and GO4 went into the live camera view as expected. And then this happened
Screenshot_20200126-172534.png
The remote controller connection status indicator led was green so the AC and RC were connected. So I unplugged the USB-C cable connecting the RC with the phone and plugged it back in. Didn't solve it. Had to restart the RC and the app (but not the AC) to resolve it. Just adding this to the list of things a restart will solve.

I had the same thing happen to me once. I had to relink the remote with the Mavic. Luckily, I only had the drone five feet off the ground and right in front of me, so so I just grabbed it and turned it over. It's never happened again.

had this problem yesterday, may be a coincidence but it was after an update the day before, has not happened before.
I was able to control the drone with controller but phone display locked up as above.
I did not try and restart app, I was able to control drone as it was in line of sight, and bring it back and land it.
Could only fix problem after restating controller and app.

Powered everything on and GO4 went into the live camera view as expected. And then this happened
View attachment 92590
The remote controller connection status indicator led was green so the AC and RC were connected. So I unplugged the USB-C cable connecting the RC with the phone and plugged it back in. Didn't solve it. Had to restart the RC and the app (but not the AC) to resolve it. Just adding this to the list of things a restart will solve.
Just restarting the app wasn't enough?

This has happened to me several times - ery annoying. Had to re-start app, but still had control of MPP thro' the RC.

I had this happen to me.The drone was 1 kilometer away and I could not see it. It will continue to fly with the RC but there will be nothing in the screen, so you cannot be sure where it is going. This repeated on three occassions.
I read in other places that the problem probably is the cable, I changed it and used the USB in the bottom instead of the side and have not had the problem anymore.

I had this happen to me.The drone was 1 kilometer away and I could not see it. It will continue to fly with the RC but there will be nothing in the screen, so you cannot be sure where it is going. This repeated on three occassions.
I read in other places that the problem probably is the cable, I changed it and used the USB in the bottom instead of the side and have not had the problem anymore.
Yes i think the cable is critical. Likewise since buying a VERY expensive cable i have not had a problem.

i too use the bottom USB port and haven't had any such issues since i changed to a better cable a while back. But yeah, this does look like a cable issue.

Had the same today with an MP, also needed a restart of the rc, app restart and USB disconnect/reconnect wasn't enough. Connecting USB didn't bring up the app selection pop-up so it was obvious the remote's USB was hung up.
It's a friend's aircraft I was flying for the first time, never had that on mine. But I'm also not running the latest version on mine...

Yes i think the cable is critical. Likewise since buying a VERY expensive cable i have not had a problem.
Spoke too soon. It happened again today despite very expensive cable! Could not get GO4 to connect again despite restarting it unplugging cable etc. Fortunately drone close and so able to land. So maybe not cable after all?

I have read about similiar problems and some have had luck with setting their phones in flight mode. Maybe worth a try?

Reactions: charliej
Spoke too soon. It happened again today despite very expensive cable! Could not get GO4 to connect again despite restarting it unplugging cable etc. Fortunately drone close and so able to land. So maybe not cable after all?
What tablet/phone are you using?

Samsung 9plus which seems fine. It's the Huawei Media Pad that's the problem. It's fine for about one battery and then the error comes up and it matters not what I do it comes up till I close everything down and re-start EVERYTHING again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC