DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 This is the kind of flying Avata was designed for

Nice! Love the desert terrain, Rich with beauty and history. Imagine, Native Americans would journey through these same rocky desert terrain many centuries ago.

Also, Super nice RC 3D plane. Couldn't tell if electric or gas, RC flying is a great hobby. Nice runway as well, you definitely are enjoying retirement!

Paul

Nice! Love the desert terrain, Rich with beauty and history. Imagine, Native Americans would journey through these same rocky desert terrain many centuries ago.

Also, Super nice RC 3D plane. Couldn't tell if electric or gas, RC flying is a great hobby. Nice runway as well, you definitely are enjoying retirement!

Paul
Thanks Paul, deserts have a special kind of beauty that often goes unnoticed. This area was rich in pre-history as evidenced by many petroglyphs nearby. There are numerous Agave roasting pits in the area and an abundance of food sources as well as numerous Big Horn Sheep and Deer. Like you I try to imagine what it must have been like several thousand years ago. This particular area I am flying over seems to have a much larger variety of plants than nearby areas only a mile away, strange really since the amount of rainfall must be similar. Must be something in the soil I guess. I like the way the early morning sunlight lights up the Cholla cactus needles and the Barrel Cactus are fiery red tipped. On really wet years we get super blooms of flowers too, but we are way over due now from the drought.
Oh, my RC Planes are all electric 3D planes. I have not flown much lately but hope to get back into that now that the weather is cooling down....

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Thanks Paul, deserts have a special kind of beauty that often goes unnoticed. This area was rich in pre-history as evidenced by many petroglyphs nearby. There are numerous Agave roasting pits in the area and an abundance of food sources as well as numerous Big Horn Sheep and Deer. Like you I try to imagine what it must have been like several thousand years ago. This particular area I am flying over seems to have a much larger variety of plants than nearby areas only a mile away, strange really since the amount of rainfall must be similar. Must be something in the soil I guess. I like the way the early morning sunlight lights up the Cholla cactus needles and the Barrel Cactus are fiery red tipped. On really wet years we get super blooms of flowers too, but we are way over due now from the drought.
Oh, my RC Planes are all electric 3D planes. I have not flown much lately but hope to get back into that now that the weather is cooling down....
It's good to see others involved with RC planes, great hobby definitely line of sight flying very easy to loose sight I'm be sure you've experienced that with an RC plane. I fly varous types of planes, 3D to large Warbirds. All electric, took a break this year due to taking care of an elderly parent full time. Hopefully, a brother will receive me to watch over mom so I can fly occasionally RC planes or the Avata.

We are very fortunate (both you and I) having petroglyphs in our area, I use a Evo 2 Pro to capture beautiful shots of petroglyphs and mortar holes from long ago villages nested on the sides of mountain terrain, that too is one of my reasons for flying a drone searching for petroglyphs. I'm located in San Joaquin Valley of California, rich with Native American history.

Thank you for sharing your adventures, can't wait to start flying my Avata 🙂

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload