DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This Smoke in Ohio is : filled with chemical smells.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Last night a strange smell started creeping in by morning it was insane how much haze was here.
I cannot be the only one , but that smell of the smoke is scary.

Anyone else notice the chemical smell of this smoke from Canada , something seems so off about it.

Im going to take my drone up latter and see if i can find a clearing of sorts.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, an Search for Clean Air in the land.

Do you have that chemical smell, as I have friends that got an instant headache

Last night a strange smell started creeping in by morning it was insane how much haze was here.
I cannot be the only one , but that smell of the smoke is scary.

Anyone else notice the chemical smell of this smoke from Canada , something seems so off about it.

Im going to take my drone up latter and see if i can find a clearing of sorts.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, an Search for Clean Air in the land.
Woke up to a weird oder outside and smoke/haze. I'm 20 minutes east of Cleveland.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Definitely put some powerful strobes on your drone to make sure it doesn’t escape your VLOS

Ypslinati, Michigan..... It's thick and low hanging. The smell is odd for sure but I can't put a label on it.

7:48 AM EST, went out for a sniff in the backyard and the stench from automobiles on the morning commute trumps the smoke from the fires. Hard to say what that smoke smells like given the area I live in.

Last edited:
How would you describe "chemical" smells: chlorine, bleach, rotten eggs, hydrogen sulfide, petroleum distillates, orange oil, sea water. "Chemical" is rather meaningless for an odor. Water is actually a chemical.

Reactions: MS Coast
We Californians would like to welcome the rest of the United States to-----Fire Season. We have it here pretty much every year now everybody else has to deal with it.

A few years Ago , a Lithium Phantom Battery exploded in my garage, and the Smoke was thick black an went on for an hour until the shower of sparks faded. The smell of that incident lingered for 2 years in the garage and that Smoke from Canada did smelled a lot like that.

Many of us know about the Smoke in other states but no one mentions the Chemical smell which is far worse than the haze that comes with it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on Water.

Reactions: thispilothere
dji_fly_20230629_152626_149_1688067595061_aeb.jpgdji_fly_20230629_152638_153_1688067290984_photo_optimized.jpg
I never expected it to come back... It smells like barbecue... But if you stay out here long enough you'll fell sick and lightheaded. I don't know why I was out here being as though I have asthma but it was already too late the moment I went up and seen this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor