DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Thomaston Park and Surrounding Area of Great Neck, Long Island | DINOSAUR | Project Arjun

projectarjun

Reactions

Pilot Log: The closer you get to New York City, the more challenging it is to fly; as you near controlled airspace, flight parameters need to be changed. This flight was filmed entirely in Great Neck, NY. Flight conditions were fair and mild with the occasional wind gust. Additional Notes: In the distance you can spot the New York City and Downtown Brooklyn skyline, New Rochelle, City Island, Throgs Neck Bridge, JFK Airport's Air Traffic Control Tower, North Shore Towers, Lake Success Golf Course, Long Island Railroad, and much more. The stretch of Northern Blvd filmed here is home to numerous medical offices (serving residents of Nassau and Queens Counties mostly) and car dealerships (notably, Biener Audi of Great Neck). The audio track was a very fitting choice for this film; depending on the viewer - might find some elements humorous and meaningful when aligned with the lyrics. Notice how points of interest vary in distance from the drone. Filming Date: Saturday, December 16, 2023 Filming Location: Thomaston Park and its Immediate Vicinity (Great Neck), Nassau County, Long Island, New York Track Title: Dinosaurs (2019, OTR Remix) Album: It Was A Joke Artist: More Giraffes More Giraffes / AllPoints Technical: Filmed in DLOG-M (UV Filter Installed) Viewer Tips: Watch in 4K, wear headphones, and sit back and relax. | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Last edited:
Overall Meaning

The lyrics of More Giraffes's song Dinosaur express a message of identity and uniqueness that the band prides itself on. By using metaphors and figurative language, the band claims to be part of a “permanent sun” that’s constantly on the rise despite the challenges they face. The opening line “Analog, we get the job done” is a nod to the old school way of doing things rather than relying on the newest technologies. It’s almost a statement of rebellion – they get things done their way while disregarding the mainstream.
The next line “No limousine, we’re rolling up our own scene” suggests that they don’t need fancy things to make a statement. Instead, they make their own rules and build their own path. Continuing on, the line “In a fog of permanent sun” can be interpreted in two different ways. On one hand, it could mean that they’re blinded by the light and can’t see their way out. At the same time, it could also be taken to mean that they’re constantly in a good mood, regardless of their situation. The chorus, “I’m a dinosaur, don’t give a (di-di-dinosaur)” reinforces this idea that they’re different and unique and aren’t afraid to let the world know about it.
Overall, the song appears to be a celebration of the self, with an emphasis on being one's true self and not what society may expect. The message is relatable to anyone who has felt different or not part of the mainstream. The upbeat pop-style production of the music emphasizes the poppy, upbeat nature of the lyrics, making it a fun and exuberant song.

Line by Line Meaning

Analog
We do things the old-fashioned way
We get the job done
We are hard workers and always finish what we start
No limousine
We don't need fancy cars to be successful
We're rolling up our own scene
We make our own way and create our own opportunities
In a fog
Our journey may be unclear but we keep moving forward
Of permanent sun
We are determined to keep going despite any obstacles
(We are the one)
We are unique and stand out from the crowd
Criminal
We are unconventional and do things differently
We keep it on lock
We are in control and don't let anyone hold us back
Original
We are creative and innovative
We've never been typical
We don't follow the crowd
You can tell
Our uniqueness is evident
From watchin' me walk
Our confidence and individuality is apparent in our every step
I'm a dinosaur
We are strong, resilient, and unstoppable
Don't give a
We are unbothered by anyone who tries to bring us down
Di-di-dinosaur
We are fierce and powerful
With all the toy guns
We don't need fancy or expensive things to show our strength
Underdog
We may be underestimated, but we will always rise to the challenge
Always on the run
We are constantly moving forward and never stop trying
Won't stop until we're done
We are determined to achieve our goals and won't quit until we reach them
(Nothin' but a G-thing)
We are confident and unapologetic about our success
Watchin' me walk
Our individuality and self-assurance is apparent in our every movement

I am from that area, Left 28 years ago. I grew up in Queens and Farmingdale. Nice to see Long Island captured so well. Well done , Sir.
Thank you for your feedback :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N