DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thomson cruise ship drone acceptance

scooot

Reactions
Hi all,
If anyone has a planned cruise with Thomson this is the question I asked and the reply I received.I am happy with the reply so I will take my mavic and hopefully get to use it on shore.I already knew I should have no issues on the Thomson flight.

Dear sir/Madam,
My wife and I are taking our second cruise with the Thomson dream this September.
I was hoping to bring my drone to get some pictures and video when on shore.I am fully aware that a drone can't be used onboard the ship or in the vicinity of the port.The drone is only small and would fit easily in the cabin safe,only removing it to leave the ship when docked in port.I have read and understood the drone laws in the countries we are visiting and most apart from Venice have very similar quidelines to here in the uk.
The drone is a DJI Mavic pro.It weighs 743 grams and each battery is rated to 43.6 watt hours (I will have 2 batteries).This is well below the max allowed on Thomson flights.
So could you please confirm if I can bring my drone with me.

Yours sincerely,Scott

Date: 31 August 2017 at 12:16:39 BST
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Thomson Website Customer Contact - Pre Travel With Booking, Subset: Cruise

Good Afternoon Scott,

Thank you for your email.

This is not allowed to use on board at any time for safety reasons as it may damage our equipment (antennas / radars etc). If you wish to use it ashore then you will have to accept full responsibility for its use and any restrictions etc that you may have to comply with locally as this is for private use and not on behalf of Thomson. The Captain has said that he is happy for you to keep it in the cabin but you must adhere to the above.

Kind Regards
Kayleigh
TUI

Reactions: Vilco and gavcuk
I just back from a Disney Cruise. I passed from ray-x and got to the islands with my Mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78