DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought I was gonna lose my drone for a moment there!

Is there some better way to get the flight logs than plugging the phone into the computer? I hate doing that. You would think that there would be a way to select the logs that I'm interested in and just sending them via email or something.

I don't think that there is a land now button on my version of the dpi go app. The icons on the left are for take off, RTH, tap to fly (whatever the one with all the preprogrammed flights is) and APAS.
The takeoff will switch to land once you take off.

If you think that ... you aren't using a properly capable device.
I haven't seen an app crash since I changed my tablet three years ago.
First: Love my Air, fly it s often as I can and while the app has never cause the controller to stop working.....
Second: DJI app crashes 1/10 flights on every device I've tried from Note4 to Note10 Galaxy Tab s2 to Galaxy Tab s6. Official cable on all phones and Samsung cables on all tablets.

I strongly believe they only test on iOS.

A few weeks ago I flew my Mavic 2 Pro from the beach with what I thought was a full battery. As I was over the sea battery power was important! Suddenly up comes Critically low battery landing now! I immediately turned round and headed for shore and made it but had no idea where it had landed. All I had wad the image on the screen of the view from the drone. It took me ½ an hour to find it. Lesson learned: Always check your battery thoroughly before taking off over water!!!

I mapped one of the programmable buttons to show the battery status. For any risky flight it's a single button press to have a look at the battery status, see if there's any obvious anomaly. Not sure I would actually notice any incipient problem when I check, but it makes me feel better :)

DJI app crashes 1/10 flights on every device I've tried from Note4 to Note10 Galaxy Tab s2 to Galaxy Tab s6. Official cable on all phones and Samsung cables on all tablets.
I strongly believe they only test on iOS.

I run DJI Go4 on a Lenovo E7, which is about the cheapest, lowest powered, poorly performing Android tablet you can buy. Heck it's not even full Android, but the stripped down "Go" version. I use it with several drones and not a single problem so far. Well except the minor latency problems you'd expect with such hardware, but I don't do much video so I'm not fussed - all I want it for is the map, telemetry and framing stills. For perspective, DJI crashed on my iPhone from time to time, has just about ruined the battery, and had connection issues from day one.

I should mention that I don't have *anything* else installed on the E7.

I use an iPhone and a program called iMazing which runs on my Windows laptop. It lets me wirelessly connect to my iPhone/iPad and browse the file system, including the flight log. I can then upload it anywhere I want. I use this to archive my logs, without having to plug in anything.

I believe you said you had an Android phone, so this may not apply to you, but perhaps there is something similar for Android OS devices.

DJI app crashes 1/10 flights on every device I've tried from Note4 to Note10 Galaxy Tab s2 to Galaxy Tab s6. Official cable on all phones and Samsung cables on all tablets.
That's interesting.
I used to have occasional crashes on my original tablet but have had none at all in 900 flights using the Huawei M3 and M5.

Stripped down Androids probably have a better chance of stability than one with all the bells and whistles packed by manufacturers.

An intermittent/bad USB cable or adapter can also cause Go to crash or cause the device to be sluggish.

Are you sure you had the home point recorded? The Mavic Air is not like the Spark and some other drones. It can be set so that the home point is it's present position and that's a disaster if you lose signal.
If you're not sure..hit the three dots on the top right of the screen..then tap the top icon..looks like a drone kinda..go all the way to the bottom to advanced settings. click that then go all the way to the bottom..REMOTE CONTROLLER SIGNAL LOST.. It should say return to home..if you click on it there are two other settings..LAND and HOVER. Both of those settings will probably cause you to lose your drone. I think some drones leave the factory with that setting as the default.

that is an interesting suggestion about the anemometer
It was a really helpful suggestion to post your flight data back in post #3
Without data, you'll only get people guessing and most of them are going to be wrong.
If you want to know what happened, it's all in the recorded flight data.

Reactions: Thomas B
Nice story, have been reading it without breading ;) Happily you did not have any damage.

Hopefully no brain freezes any more in the future :)

Reactions: Icelandman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas