DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts about Goggles Integra + Motion Controller 2 + Avata?

Dangerly

Reactions
Today I'll be receiving the combination of Goggles Integra + Motion Controller 2 + Avata, straight from DJI. Am I nuts in thinking this is a great package in the US? Wondering why I see no reviews of this particular combination, no one talking about it? The Motion Controller 2 seems to have some real advantages over the previous version, especially having that extra thumb control on the top, and being able to push the trigger forward a bit too. The Integra Goggles solve that super annoying problem of the cord coming out of your head (which I solved on the Goggles 2 with a 3D printed part, but still), I won't have to connect my mobile phone to launch, and with the money I saved I got ND filters and other goodies.

I'm okay using fixed diopter adjustments, built-in GPS, losing the touch pad, live streaming, etc. on the Goggles, for what I get in exchange and for my typical use cases.

Product link: Buy DJI Avata (No RC) - DJI Store

Reactions: Torque
Today I'll be receiving the combination of Goggles Integra + Motion Controller 2 + Avata, straight from DJI. Am I nuts in thinking this is a great package in the US? Wondering why I see no reviews of this particular combination, no one talking about it? The Motion Controller 2 seems to have some real advantages over the previous version, especially having that extra thumb control on the top, and being able to push the trigger forward a bit too. The Integra Goggles solve that super annoying problem of the cord coming out of your head (which I solved on the Goggles 2 with a 3D printed part, but still), I won't have to connect my mobile phone to launch, and with the money I saved I got ND filters and other goodies.

I'm okay using fixed diopter adjustments, built-in GPS, losing the touch pad, live streaming, etc. on the Goggles, for what I get in exchange and for my typical use cases.

I won't have to connect my mobile phone to launch...didn't know that. Built in GPS eh? That is indeed nice. I confirmed the gps thing...nice...that could be it for me..

Last edited:
I won't have to connect my mobile phone to launch...didn't know that. Built in GPS eh? That is indeed nice. I looked at the DJI web page and could not find confirmation that connecting to a phone is not required. Can you point me to that reference?
News: DJI Goggles Integra - Better Than The Goggles 2? - Oscar Liang, search for "Built-in GPS for Remote ID"

"The DJI Goggles Integra comes equipped with a built-in GPS, eliminating the need to connect to a smartphone for drone flight. This enhancement not only simplifies the setup process but also removes the requirement for a smartphone to enable the remote ID feature."

I mean, I don't think there are reviews because it was literally announced last week? And I would guess that DJI probably sends preview units to all the big publications for new *drones* but not updated controllers and the like, so it'll probably take some time for the controller/goggle reviews to trickle out.

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of the Avata and just don't really trust that it won't fly off randomly, so I don't use it that much. I don't really use the MC at all (I use the FPV Controller 2) and the Goggles 2 get used primarily with my O3 Air Unit quad, so the benefits of the new Goggles don't really make it worthwhile for me. That said, if you're buying a new Avata, the new Goggles Integra seem like the best choice.

I have the Avata Pro with the Goggles 2. I went ahead and ordered the Goggles Integra and the new controller. For my face, the Integra goggles are so much more confortable. Also, there is no distortion edge to edge and the image is absolutely clear. Love not having any cables hanging. The battery strap adjustment is perfect and the RID without the iPhone is great.

Reactions: Dangerly
ne additional though. Virtual Flight still does not support the Motion 2.

I just got the same combo and very happy with it. The MC2 is a joy to fly with although just got the RC2 as well trying to learn to fly manual as well.

Reactions: Dangerly
I just got the same combo and very happy with it. The MC2 is a joy to fly with although just got the RC2 as well trying to learn to fly manual as well.
I'm in the same place. It's a crime I've been flying the DJI FPV this long and haven't had the guts to try manual mode in real life yet. The Avata seems like a much safer drown to fly manual for the first time.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom