DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

thoughts on care refresh air 2 s

sunshinewelly

Reactions
Bought a Air2 S for Christmas and have not used it yet as the weather in the UK has been very wet. I purchased care refresh for my 1st drone a mini 2 years ago and did not require it.

I am not overly worried about damage and note that with flyaways you have to pay a hefty fee anyway to get a replacement.

are there many cases of the air 2 s flying away on its own

does it cover instances if the drone lands in water?

It will cover damage from water or flyaway so long as you had the aircraft bound to the remote. I have bought it for each of my drones but knock on wood have not used it yet. Came close this weekend with some wires but missed them at the last second. I have heard about fly aways but not too common from my view but then I dont follow every thread about the subject.

Like any insurance, it's a waste of money, until you need it. There are a lot of reports on this board of folks getting replacement for various DJI drones. I don't think there's anything that different about the 2S. A lot depends on your flying style, though.

Right now my almost new Air2S is in process of getting replaced. I'll report back as to how the process works out after I get it back.

Is better to have it and don't need that needed and not have it.

I am glad I bought it. 3 days into learning to fly with 17% battery left the M2s shut off and fell from the sky. Now would DJI cover it under warranty? Don't know. However, they sent me a new one and had it in hand in 4 days. Yes it cost $120.00 but that was worth it. Is the fly away or sunk in the water replacement cost worth it? It is pricey but just under half of retail cost. If you ever have to use it then that personal opinion will play into the value of DJI care.

Reactions: Howard70
All of the crashes I've had have been into trees or other hard objects. Most of these have resulted in little or no damage, but that one time the gimbal broke it would have been nice to have care refresh - 80$ for a fix instead of 225$. I now have care refresh for my Air 2S. of course there are things it doesn't cover, or doesn't cover as well, but in my experience it's a good thing to have.

Reactions: Howard70
I just got State Farm insurance for my drones for $65 a year. Break it, lose it, have it stolen, ...anything. Much cheaper than DJI insurance (I have that too but won't do it again).

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
I just got State Farm insurance for my drones for $65 a year. Break it, lose it, have it stolen, ...anything. Much cheaper than DJI insurance (I have that too but won't do it again).
I have both but saving any State Farm claim for what might be be a catastrophic loss of my Mavic 2 pro. I want to make sure the coverage is there for the more expensive losses. For minor repairs Care/Refresh would cover it or I'd send it to DJI Drone Service (private company). It should be known that State Farm coverage is for recreational use only and would not cover loss during professional use. Also this is coverage only for most states in the US (not all). I do not believeSF coverage is available beyond our shores.

Reactions: offtheback
Bought a Air2 S for Christmas and have not used it yet as the weather in the UK has been very wet. I purchased care refresh for my 1st drone a mini 2 years ago and did not require it.

I am not overly worried about damage and note that with flyaways you have to pay a hefty fee anyway to get a replacement.

I would just get it. I’m super careful when flying, but accidents happen. I’m waiting for my replacement now after learning a lesson with my Air2S.

I would just get it. I’m super careful when flying, but accidents happen. I’m waiting for my replacement now after learning a lesson with my Air2S.
Ditto. Supposedly my replacement is on its way to me. Dead drone shipped to DJI on 12/27. Received by DJI on 12/30. Replacement shipped(or at least tracking created) on 1/4. They were off for the New Years from 12/31 to 1/3. Not sure what they will do about the dead battery though. I had the fly more combo so I'm not terribly worried about missing a battery if they don't send one ASAP.

I was out flying my few flight old A2S before Christmas. I was flying at night, so the sensors were off, taking video and pictures of our town's lights. I went to take off and just didn't see a branch hanging out. The drone clipped the branch, prop exploded, it went crazy, skittered under my truck, and eventually died. When I surveyed the damage the gimbal was dead and buzzing, there was a chip out of the rear housing, and the battery was leaking.

I never needed the Care on my A2 after 2 years. This A2S I needed it after 2 weeks. I'm usually an incredibly focused person when it comes to not screwing something up...but sometimes dumb happens.

I had Mavic pro 1 and now I have air 2s.. if you are an experienced user you know the common mistakes! For example I never check if in follow me mode the sensor is avoid the obstacles... Is the most stupid thing.. every time you must check that your drone record the homepoint! And I think is not worth the insurance because you will give 160-200 euro and then you must give again for the replacement 150-200.. and you ll get a refurbished drone from dji.. if I m was a professional cinematography and if my job require danger flights for a difficult points..then may do it..

I didn't hesitate and bought care refresh for my Mavic Air 2 when I got it (August 2021), good decision. In February 2022 I had a stupid crash flew sideways into a light pole. The drone didn't shut down and kept its motors on at full power, which caused one arm to pop off and break. DJI replaced it within 1 week of sending it to them for about 80 euros. Definitely worth it!

Even experienced pilots have crashed their drones. Even something that is out of your control could crash your drone, for example a bird, or strong winds.

I didn't hesitate and bought care refresh for my Mavic Air 2 when I got it (August 2021), good decision. In February 2022 I had a stupid crash flew sideways into a light pole. The drone didn't shut down and kept its motors on at full power, which caused one arm to pop off and break. DJI replaced it within 1 week of sending it to them for about 80 euros. Definitely worth it!

Even experienced pilots have crashed their drones. Even something that is out of your control could crash your drone, for example a bird, or strong winds.
A leg for Mavic air 2 cost 64 USD.. 50euro and how much cost the cost for fix 20-30 euro to a local electronic repair shop...so you paid (170 care+80 replace=250euro.. and you get back a refubrish dji air drone)
So are you sure is still worth??

So are you sure is still worth??
Yes. I live in Mallorca, Spain, and here the weather conditions I fly in are pretty extreme. Very strong winds, heat, and worse of all, much humidity. The drone wasn't in the best conditions, the metal parts started rusting, and I wanted to get it replaced soon anyway.

Another reason why I think it is worth it is because every crash is different, yes, my crash wasn't as bad and expensive to repair, but you never know how the flight will turn out, and imagine you break the main board or something, there Care Refresh would save you.

and you get back a refubrish dji air drone
I'm not sure if it was refurbished, it looked and felt like it was brand new, nowhere it was mentioned that it was refurbished.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU