DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on my mission speed being very slow

Right. It didn't click with me that the winds 150-200' would be significantly higher, especially since I was out in a very rural area, low trees, etc. Today, when I was flying outside my home the wind was 5-10 mph variable on the ground but when I got 200' up I got a high wind warning. I don't recall getting a high wind warning regarding my original post but maybe the winds aloft that day were not "high winds" but steady winds causing the Mavic to struggle in one direction. With a little knowledge gained I think I'll be more aware on the next flight.

Well I went back out to the place where I set up the two missions in the original post and, after tweaking and checking (double/triple) checking the two missions and mission settings, I tried again. The same thing happened in both missions. This is so odd to me and it's never happened anywhere else but at this location.
Mission 1, verified all Litchi settings (max speed, cruising speed, waypoint speeds, etc.). I ran the mission and WP1 was set for cruising to WP2 (about 300' away) but it floundered, moved very slowly, almost like it would be in atti mode with no wind or something. After about a minute I aborted this mission by turning on sport mode and flew the rest or the track manually, not the best flying :) but I could fly as fast as 33.6 or as slow as I wanted to and had full control. So that's mission 1.

Mission 2, verified all Litchi settings (max, cruising speed, waypoint speeds, etc.). Run the mission. WP1-5 are a slow orbit around the camp house, should take maybe 1 or two minutes at most before hitting the waypoint 6 which is cruising speed 2.15 however the first 1-5 waypoints are extremely slow and "sluggish", with the drone in some cases almost at a stop and slowly drifting but then going back on track to the next waypoint, very, slowly (1-4 mph) when the waypoints were each set to 10-12 mph. This time I didn't abort the mission and had 90% battery power so I waited it out with an unexpected outcome. When it got to around WP 5, moving to WP6, it started to act "normal", meaning by the time it hit WP6, the mission flew pretty much like I expected it to.

The winds were 5-10, I'm sure the winds higher weren't anything unusually high I never received any wind warnings (or any other warnings for that matter). When my drone was up at the prescribed height I didn't see it moving around like I'd seen on a windy day nor did I hear the props fighting any wind so this time I feel sure wind wasn't an issue.
I'm drawing at straws here but the rural area I was in is wide open area, very few houses anywhere but there are several very small airports overlapping where I take off from (I guess crop dusters, etc.). Could that have anything to do with it? I don't think so but I'm very confused about this location. Maybe I need to call Scully and Mulder.

Have you tried recreating the two missions from scratch? It could be something in those two saved missions that you're not seeing (or a setting from when they were set up originally) that is causing the issue. I would suggest trashing those two saves and starting over. If it happens then, you could look to the location and not the missions themselves.

Sometimes starting over is the best solution for me instead of pulling my hair out trying to get something to work right.

Sorry, I misspoke in my recent post. I did set up mission #2 as new, so I now had 1 new mission and two original missions, one of the original missions which I didn't use. That slipped my mind but when I set up a new mission I actually did so with your line of thinking that something was erratic with those two missions.

What version of the Litchi app are you using and are you Android or iOS?

I just downloaded the new version immediately prior to the flight (iOS v2.1.4)

I set up two missions recently and both missions did something that has never happened to me before. Both missions only had my Mavic going around 5-6 mph when those waypoints were supposed to be cruising speed (21.5 mph is what my cruise speed is set for each mission). I checked and double checked the speed settings between each waypoint and they checked out exactly how I'd set it, none of the speeds were lower than 10 mph.
I've attached one of my litchi missions in case that helps (zipped format). WP6 should have been cruising speed (21.6 mph) but the drone never moved faster than 6 mph. I ended up stopping both missions and flying manually in sport mode and could get up to 32 mph there so I'm clueless as to what the problem might be.
I should have set up a quick mission in DJI GS Pro to see if it did it there but I didn't think about that at the time.
Wind was probably 5-10 mph, and my mission was in the middle no-where (no interference/very rural).
Any thoughts?

I get the same behavior and it’s driving me a bit nuts as my Mavic putters along on a waypoint route and burns rubber home when I hit the rth button. Any luck figuring this out? None on this end but I’ll update if I do.

Maybe, just maybe, it;s been encoded to the AC firmware at some point during all the FW updates.
Did it ever work/fly waypoints as expected, and then it's just going the snail's pace after an AC FW update?

Maybe, just maybe, it;s been encoded to the AC firmware at some point during all the FW updates.
Did it ever work/fly waypoints as expected, and then it's just going the snail's pace after an AC FW update?[/QUOTE

Well I just started using Litchi with the current firmware and it hasn’t ever worked correctly speed wise.

Hey guys,
I'm searching around to find a solution to this very problem. Did you guys ever figure out what happened? I wish we could get some help from the Litchi guys. Since this now makes it always unsure of if a mission will work as planned or not. Very frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM