DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts on upgrading

blackomega

Reactions
I am a fairly new to flying drones. I purchased a Spark just over a month ago. And have reached its limitations. Range and flight time.

I have been thinking in investing in a M2-Zoom

Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1stbase418
I am a fairly new to flying drones. I purchased a Spark just over a month ago. And have reached its limitations. Range and flight time.

I have been thinking in investing in a M2-Zoom

Any thoughts?

I'm new too.
Had a 'toy grade' quad before and now have the Mavic 2 zoom. Incredible bit of technology.
Definitely worth getting the fly more package.
I've recently bought an 8" Huawei tablet and mount. The difference is absolutely huge. Well worth it.

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro a few months ago and just love it. I did a lot of research before I made my decision and choose the Pro for the better camera. Most, not all, of the time you can just fly a bit closer to get the shot you want without having the zoom function. Overall, the Mavic 2 platform is fantastic. It is incredibly stable, quiet, and high performance. If you do a search on this forum for Pro vs Zoom, you will find a ton of threads on the topic with lots of opinions and arguments for both. There is no wrong answer.

Mav 2 Pro does have the larger camera sensor. That would be my pic. Currently have a MPP.

I think the answer will be found in what is your intended usage. I've read many threads written by professional photographers that prefer the Pro for the quality of the footage they get with the hi res camera. I picked the zoom because, frankly I didn't see that much of a difference. Also, I can be further away from my subject with less prop noise and still get great footage. That helps when you're adding audio to your video.

I think the answer will be found in what is your intended usage. I've read many threads written by professional photographers that prefer the Pro for the quality of the footage they get with the hi res camera. I picked the zoom because, frankly I didn't see that much of a difference. Also, I can be further away from my subject with less prop noise and still get great footage. That helps when you're adding audio to your video.

Yeah, completely agree.
The benefits of the 1" sensor seem to be an advantage to post production video and stils.
They're both completely brilliant though.

Well my main reasons for upgrading is, and in no particular order, range, speed, flight time, Hyperlapse, 3 axis gimble . I am not too concerned about the bump in quality. probably going to stay in 1080p untill i can buy a new editing computer that can handle 4k.

here is some of my stuff.

Feel free to check out the channel and please give feedback good or bad

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip and Elude
All good reasons to upgrade. You won't be disappointed with either M2. Nice footage BTW!

Having the additional features is worth it. I'm also new to drone flying and waited for the MP2 to come out before purchasing. Then compared the features/cost between the MP and MP2. Went with the MP2 Zoom and glad I did. It's simply amazing. I was back and forth between the Zoom and Pro the deciding factor was I was able to get the Zoom and Fly More Kit for the price of the Pro.

Reactions: Perfectpacman
There have been endless discussions on the Pro Vs Zoom.

I'm a fan of the variable focal length. I really like the 4X (2X optical + 2X lossless digital) zoom available when using 1080P/30 video. I've flown fixed lens drones for over 3 years. The Zoom has added a whole new dimension to what I see when I'm flying. (I do more looking when flying than I do photographing/filming).. Because of that, I'm willing to take the loss in image/video quality.

Heck.... I like focal length so much, just paid almost $1000 for a Nikon camera with the same size 16 Megapixel 1/2.3" sensor as the Zoom :) Nikon COOLPIX P1000 Super-telephoto digital camera

If you want an M2P two options you could shop... took a while but I just got a sealed NIB M2P for $1K. You could consider used. Finally you could get the M2Z and in future update the gimble. Either one is a good choice and use/personal preference should be your guide.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d