DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thoughts....

Nice mate.
If I may, make the scenes shorter.
Scenes where the drone wobbles left to right, cut that out and move along the fade a bit. (Like at the start, flying at the rock for the big reveal...)
The same shot, (along the creek) could still be in there, but shorten it or just drop it.
Good stuff!! (From a South Welshman!!)

Hi Steve great footage.

I'm new to the world of drones, do you see many other drone pilots when you're out and about in North Wales or do you pretty much have the place to yourself? Also, how do you advertise your presence to other airspace users? (I know Snowdonia can be congested with RAF, Coastguard, Air Ambulance, Gliders, Paragliders to name a few).

Reactions: iamSteve
I loved the video and the location specific music.
It was a very peaceful video to watch.
I was especially interested in that little farm building with the large tree next to it.
It made me fantasize about owning something like that and spending some relaxing time there.
Thanks
:)Thumbswayup

Reactions: iamSteve
Hi Steve great footage.

I'm new to the world of drones, do you see many other drone pilots when you're out and about in North Wales or do you pretty much have the place to yourself? Also, how do you advertise your presence to other airspace users? (I know Snowdonia can be congested with RAF, Coastguard, Air Ambulance, Gliders, Paragliders to name a few).

Just me, never been out and seen another drone in the same area. I know I can use Drone Assist app to notify others of my flights, however its something I have not bothered with, I never fly 400ft above ground and often a lot less, maybe 100ft /150ft. If I ever hear jets or helicopters in an area just make sure you drop to a height out of the way say below 100ft, and if a helicopter is low, less than 800ft then I would get out of the way and RTH to allow them to carry on with their work in safety.

I grew up a just a few miles from here, so know the area well, you've got a wealth of beautiful locations and interesting features around the area. I totally agree with @Simmo and would suggest the same to shorten/smooth out your footage.

I'd also suggest choosing a theme or a subject and focusing on that for each video, or have a narrative to tell. Try going up to Idwell there are usually a good few climbers on the slabs up there, and as long as you ask them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you filming (from a safe distance), just beware the wind in that valley, it can circle around a bit & gusts could pull you up and into the slabs if you get too close. You could also do a series of shots on the other abandoned, crumbling buildings in the area. There are a ton of old mining and farm buildings around.

****, I'm going to have to arrange a trip back there to do some flying!

Reactions: Simmo and iamSteve
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada