DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time always wrong on videos when importing to Photos in Macbook

schpenxel

Reactions
I've noticed this since receiving the Mavic but always figured it was just a bug from early firmware or who knows what, but so far it's still an issue

Basically I take the SD card out of the Mavic, put it into my Macbook. Photos opens up. I import pictures and videos into my library. Pictures import without any issues. However, the time videos were taken is always 5 hours off (I'm in the Eastern US time zone which is -5 hours from UST). Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's really annoying as everything is sorted by time.. so everything ends up out of order

I end up having to go through each video one by one and adjust the time by 5 hours in order to fix it

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't figured out if it's a DJI issue or an Apple issue, so I'm not sure who to complain at.

Any ideas? Other than "not using Apple", which I'm sure I'll get, lol

I have looked at the videos on a PC and looked at all the meta data I can find. Date modified, date created, date accesses date last saved, etc. Everything I can find is exactly the same between pictures and videos, so I'm not sure where the difference is coming from.

I do have exactly the same issue. I'm using a iPad Pro. For pictures time and date are ok. For videos time is 1hr off, month is ok, year shows always 1951. Issue continous since I have the Mavic Pro. Could you resolve?

Reactions: Smalls
My Nikon DSLR does the same with my Macbook Pro. Ive never looked into what setting I need to change but Ive always assumed it was a camera setting somewhere.

Haven't had the 1951 issue, mine just isn't doing something correctly with the timezone. I don't know if it's an issue on Apple or DJI's end though

I do have exactly the same issue. I'm using a iPad Pro. For pictures time and date are ok. For videos time is 1hr off, month is ok, year shows always 1951. Issue continous since I have the Mavic Pro. Could you resolve?

I'm having the same 1951 problems, kinda sucks cuz all of these videos are waaaaaaay out of sequence when I go looking for them on the mac

For those of you having the 1951 problem, see my post here: Correcting Digitized Date for Lightroom

While I'm on a PC and using Lightroom, the basic idea applies. I believe the tool I used is also available for Mac. Hopefully it will help!

I have the same problem where the first one or two photos taken with the Mavic upload from the SD card to my Macintosh with a date of 1970. The rest of the dates for the subsequent photos on the same upload are usually fine.

I've noticed this since receiving the Mavic but always figured it was just a bug from early firmware or who knows what, but so far it's still an issue

Basically I take the SD card out of the Mavic, put it into my Macbook. Photos opens up. I import pictures and videos into my library. Pictures import without any issues. However, the time videos were taken is always 5 hours off (I'm in the Eastern US time zone which is -5 hours from UST). Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's really annoying as everything is sorted by time.. so everything ends up out of order

I end up having to go through each video one by one and adjust the time by 5 hours in order to fix it

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't figured out if it's a DJI issue or an Apple issue, so I'm not sure who to complain at.

Any ideas? Other than "not using Apple", which I'm sure I'll get, lol

I have looked at the videos on a PC and looked at all the meta data I can find. Date modified, date created, date accesses date last saved, etc. Everything I can find is exactly the same between pictures and videos, so I'm not sure where the difference is coming from.

schpenxel I have exactly the same issue. My cameras are fujiilm, all photos are imported with the right time, but videos are off. Did you eventually find where this issue comes from? Is it solvable of to you need to go through each video to change the time? Thanks for your insights...

schpenxel I have exactly the same issue. My cameras are fujiilm, all photos are imported with the right time, but videos are off. Did you eventually find where this issue comes from? Is it solvable of to you need to go through each video to change the time? Thanks for your insights...

let’s see if the OP is still here after almost 3 years. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada