DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time Data Issues

scott492010

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I recently flew two trips around a reservoir using two batteries. I downloaded the .csv from airdata and used Telemetry Overlay to produce a video. In the editing process i used the video from the first battery first and then the second. Nevertheless, the time showing on the overlay is incredibly off and simply not correct. I am not sure where to start to trouble shoot. all other telemetry seems correct which leads me to believe its the drone which is flawed when logging time. but then i began wondering... in the settings of Telemetry Overlay i did adjust the setting "gauge update rate" in order to speed up the rendering process which it did do so dramatically....

gauge.update.rate.jpg

Could this be the issue? I am not sure....seems like it would not be... If it is the drone...then it seems to be a signifigant problem because when i ended the last flight it was close to 8pm.

If it is the drone...then it seems to be a signifigant problem .
The usual cause is the tablet or controller date/time is not correct.
But it corrects itself when it has wifi connectivity.

I would of never thought of that.... The tablet definately did not have wifi connectivity....but i will make sure it does in the future...
You don't need to have wifi when flying, but check the date/time it shows before flying to see if it needs updating.

You don't need to have wifi when flying, but check the date/time it shows before flying to see if it needs updating.
well in that case.... i just do not think that is it... my tablet time continues whether i am connected to wifi or not. It also automatically connects to wifi when i get home.

well in that case.... i just do not think that is it... my tablet time continues whether i am connected to wifi or not. It also automatically connects to wifi when i get home.
maybe your was something different, but that was the cause of a number of similar reports recently.

I have determined it is an issue with airdata .... within my flight logs on my dji fly app all the data is there. Neverthless, if i goto my flight logs on airdata.com only some of the data is available...

I have determined it is an issue with airdata .... within my flight logs on my dji fly app all the data is there. Neverthless, if i goto my flight logs on airdata.com only some of the data is available...
If you are letting Airdata automatically get your data, that is likely due to only partially synching your flight data to DJI's server.

well it is definately the airdata auto sync that is the problem. i used a usb cable and moved the logs to my pc and then uploaded them to airdata via the webpage on my pc and they are fine. i emailed airdata yesterday morning about it asking if it there was a way to fix it or if it is just a issue with the latest android 13 update which i recieved a week ago and they have yet to respond.

well it is definately the airdata auto sync that is the problem. i used a usb cable and moved the logs to my pc and then uploaded them to airdata via the webpage on my pc and they are fine. i emailed airdata yesterday morning about it asking if it there was a way to fix it or if it is just a issue with the latest android 13 update which i recieved a week ago and they have yet to respond.
Airdata can only show what they can get from DJI's server.
If you haven't manually synched all files, or you are using auto-synch and it hasn't upload all files, Airdata won't be able to see them.
Try manually synching your flight data and see if that sorts out your issue.

when you say manually synching i imagine you mean going in and tapping on sync..... i have done that dozens of times....and its uploading partial logs... no matter what i do it is hit or half hit.... it has yet to not recognize a log...it just does not upload them in their entirety from the app.

when you say manually synching i imagine you mean going in and tapping on sync..... i have done that dozens of times....and its uploading partial logs... no matter what i do it is hit or half hit.... it has yet to not recognize a log...it just does not upload them in their entirety from the app.
Then that's the problem .. if the data isn't properly loaded to DJI's servers, Airdata can't show the details properly.

If you can't get them to synch to DJI properly and want then to show up in AIrdata, you can always manually upload them to Airdata directly.

are you saying they are uploaded from the dji fly app to the dji servers and then airdata app on the tablet connects to dji servers to retrieve them? are you sure the airdata app is not retrieving them from the same device the fly app is on ? ie the android tablet?

The usual cause is the tablet or controller date/time is not correct.
But it corrects itself when it has wifi connectivity.
That may be true some of the time, but in my experience not always. I regularly connect my RC Controller to the Internet and check for updates and have checked the day/time as well.

I’ve posted before about a problem with the created date which is displayed in macOS Finder as the day before and not accurate. I received all kinds of opinions that it was the iPhone or iPad or computer’s problem, but now that I have the RC controller and am no longer using either device, the problem started again.

I personally believe there is a bug in the Fly Now app that is causing it. It is not my Mac, which I have checked multiple times proving the saying “Insanity is doing the same thing twice expecting different results”. 😔

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman