DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time limit to fly without reconnecting to Internet?

There should be no limit technically, but I had DJI Fly sign me out by itself, I'm not sure when this happens, but it does rarely.

Reactions: kentdavidge
There is no specific time. It can happen every few months when you are required to re-establish your login or it may happen when a firmware update happens that somehow shows up as being required. How that happens when you are not on the internet...I'm not sure...but it does seem to happen. Good rule of thumb is to always turn on your drone and check for updates before going out to fly. Just yesterday my friend found he could not fly more than a few hundred feet without an update but he was not able to do so being out on the road.

I haven't seen this mentioned in any official DJI documentation. DJI employees in the DJI forum have mentioned it's 30 days.

Guessing its to ensure that any updates are installed or its for theft prevention, if its locked to an account the thief only gets a limited time to fly before its logged out and needs the user to login to unlock it.

There also may be a weird bug you encounter with the DJI Fly app. I started using an iPhone that has no SIM recently. I connect at home over WiFi and update everything before heading out. When I'm out in the field (and therefor have no data), the DJI Fly app likes to suddenly start popping up a prompt that asks to update the FlySafe Database. Checking at home with a WiFi connection shows there are zero updates, so it seems to be that there is some weird behavior when you have zero data in some instances.

Guessing its to ensure that any updates are installed or its for theft prevention, if its locked to an account the thief only gets a limited time to fly before its logged out and needs the user to login to unlock it.
I saw a DJI comment that said they wanted users to login from time to time so the drone could be updated with latest Fly safe database.

I saw a DJI comment that said they wanted users to login from time to time so the drone could be updated with latest Fly safe database.
Isn't that update always optional?

Isn't that update always optional?
It is. But it keeps DJI on the good side of the law by providing updated NFZs and restricted flight zones and removing ones that are no longer needed or were inaccurate/incorrect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof