DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips for a Mavic and Drone Newbie?

Well my mavic finally showed today. Got the battery and controller on charge. After all is charged, I plan on doing firmware updates and then I guess check all my controller settings. We have rain coming the next few days, so won't be able to take it for a maiden flight til then.
This is so easy to fly just start slow and be careful. I am still a rookie but I can say dont fly it indoors. I have gone through so many blades and the camera/gimbal assembly even. Outside I have never crashed it at all! I feel way more confident in it outside. If your in an open area then fly it around. My last flight was in a area full off trees so I just went up 100" and flew it up there and flew by the camera/phone when it was hard to see. So basically anywhere you can fly this as long as you be careful with bothering neighbors and things.

Thanks Attex. I plan on doing my firmware updates with the propellers off. Lol Just in case. I tried to do my updates this evening but my internet is very slow and the update is 147mb. Gotta find somewhere to do the update now.

I've never flown a drone not even the toy ones until my mavic arrived.
I waited for a couple of days patiently till my propeller guards arrived before I attempted to take off indoors.
Since then I have been practicing indoors without any crashes. Propeller guards saved me from crashes at least on 3 instances. When it drifts and touches a wall, the guards touch first and the drone just hangs there till I regain control.

Well in short, if you are planning to try indoors i highly recommended propeller guards :)
But as others said I am taking it very slow. Just take off hover and land first couple of days...then move forward..turn...backwards next few days...
Also have my oven gloves handy in case if things go wrong and i have to catch it...lol

Thanks Attex. I plan on doing my firmware updates with the propellers off. Lol Just in case. I tried to do my updates this evening but my internet is very slow and the update is 147mb. Gotta find somewhere to do the update now.

I have no reason at this time to fly indoors. Thanks for the info tho'.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123