DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips for post filming to improve your videos

Roy Rogers

Reactions
Post Filming , ( Editing ) can sometimes be the most impactful thing you can do for a video or movie . Color , Lighting , Transitioning , and of course Music can make a simple video outing into a master piece or a collection of aimless clips . This DJI Forum has a lot of great pilots and of amazing videographers. I don't consider myself either but in the last year I have gotten a lot better at my favorite hobby and I would like to share some TIPS with and newbie looking to get better .

(1) First tip is , isn't a race . Fast flighting might be fun but it doesn't make for good video . Hercky Jerky Movements are not nice to watch , plus if your moving too quick your camera wont process what its seeing properly (blurry) , (glitchy) . In short , slow that Sh@# down. I film in tripod mode most of the time .

(2) and (3) Lighting and Vinaigrett ... Next is the same footage . 1st Normal lighting Normal edges . 2nd light is darkened and the edges are blacked out .

Absolutly Terrifying !

(4) Music : is without a doubt the most effective change you can make to a video ! refer to Video 2 and compare it to video 3 . Video 2 could possibly make you lose your mind with fear . While video 3 might make you lovingly think about someone close to you . Both are similar imagery but The Music and lighting set different undertones.

(5) Transitioning : Transition can be used in different ways , at the end of a scene to siginify a change is coming or to even make a deep philosophical statement in an art video .

Life is seen a particular way with a particular color but the After Life is something none of us can identify with . mean (different)

If you liked this or found it helpful , then throw a dollar in the hat by hitting like
Thanks for watching and all commits are welcomed
RR

Last edited:
Good info Roy, thanks. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Roy Rogers
(2) and (3) Lighting and Vinaigrett ... Next is the same footage . 1st Normal lighting Normal edges . 2nd light is darkened and the edges are blacked out .
I assume you meant "Vignetting" rather than using vinaigrette salad dressing? ;)

Very cool! What are you using to edit? I have so far only been stitching videos together and havent a clue how to change the color gradients. I like the grey scale and the vivid cuts.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Very cool! What are you using to edit? I have so far only been stitching videos together and havent a clue how to change the color gradients. I like the grey scale and the vivid cuts.
Thank you. I use different editors depending on what I have in mind to do . I use a free editor called OpenShot the most it has a lot of cool effects . HD Movie make is a easy editor to use if your running windows I used that to do the grayscale one you liked , and iMovie on a iPhone is pretty good too .
Thanks again and I'm glad it was helpful

Thank you. I use different editors depending on what I have in mind to do . I use a free editor called OpenShot the most it has a lot of cool effects . HD Movie make is a easy editor to use if your running windows I used that to do the grayscale one you liked , and iMovie on a iPhone is pretty good too .
Thanks again and I'm glad it was helpful
Are you still using the Vinaigrette salad dressing? ?
Might want to edit your first post to correct that to "vignetting".
Otherwise, great tutorial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme