DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Titan switched antenna system ?

sea157

Reactions
I ordered the Titan switched antenna system today.

Did I make a good or bad decision?

Anyone have this system?

Reactions: Drone_guy
Not the switch but my friend has the Cyclone and he told me he went 9 miles out over open water once.

Reactions: sea157
I got this system because of trees. But, have been very impressed about the distance you can go. They are a good company. Some thing happened a few weeks back. They either changed ownership, or did some thing to their system. They when dark. But, where still doing repairs and filling orders. The only thing I don't like, no big thing, is the rocker switch. I travel with it a lot to remote places. The switch is easily turn on. I tape the switch, where it can't be moved. I found this out the hard way. Both amps where on, and I had to run a generatoer for hours to charge them.

I got this system because of trees. But, have been very impressed about the distance you can go. They are a good company. Some thing happened a few weeks back. They either changed ownership, or did some thing to their system. They when dark. But, where still doing repairs and filling orders. The only thing I don't like, no big thing, is the rocker switch. I travel with it a lot to remote places. The switch is easily turn on. I tape the switch, where it can't be moved. I found this out the hard way. Both amps where on, and I had to run a generatoer for hours to charge them.

I seen on this site somewhere that someone made a 3D printed guard that you can put on around the switch so you cannot turn it on accidently. (I may need to get one of these)

I want two. Titan should made some thing like that, but with a holder for it to attach to the amp, or controller.

I bought the optional case, it might not work for everyone but it protects my investment and travels well. First picture is the case with all components
Travel case     .jpg
Back of Omni antenna and switch
Switch & Back     .jpg
Relief for switch so it can't be accidentally bumped on.
Doesn't prevent it being put in the case in the on position :cool:
Switch cutout     jpg.jpg

I bought the optional case, it might not work for everyone but it protects my investment and travels well. First picture is the case with all components
View attachment 48136
Back of Omni antenna and switch
View attachment 48137
Relief for switch so it can't be accidentally bumped on.
Doesn't prevent it being put in the case in the on position :cool:
View attachment 48138

Ok you cut out the foam so the switch can fit in the cutout.
I was talking about someone on this site made a 3D printed guard that goes around the switch and prevents you from accidently bumping the switch and turning it on. (but I can't find the post right now)

Ok you cut out the foam so the switch can fit in the cutout.
We split hairs, I know but It came from Titan that way.
@msinger and @Aerial-Pixel make 3D parts but I I don't recall seeing anyone making what you describe. I guess I just didn't see it.
If I have missed anyone I apologize. If I did, speak up and I will add you to my list.

Titan Switch
The holder is a @Skyreat holder, I prefer to have my display and RC visable at the same time. I know some don't.

Pilots view with directional antenna attached
Pilots perspective with directional antenna.jpg
Directional antenna front view
View attachment 48159
Directional antenna side view
Directional antenna side view     .jpg
Omni antenna front view
5db Omni antenna front view     .jpg

Attachments

• Directional antenna front     .jpg
    Directional antenna front .jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 39
Turn11, Are you talking about a switch cover? If so, I am the first to mention it being a problem, As far as I know. I really would like for some one to make them, but have it where the cover could be attached to the amp when no in use. Haven't seen msinger around lately. Hope he is OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf