DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s To Foggy To Fly This Morning

Not sure but I think it would. There was no fog where I put it up to look around so I can't answer that question.

The FAA expects the pilot to be able to see for 3 miles to fly legally. I'm sure there are waivers/exceptions to the rule.

The FAA expects the pilot to be able to see for 3 miles to fly legally. I'm sure there are waivers/exceptions to the rule.
Yes well I am in Canada so the FAA has nothing to do with my flights.
After take off as PIC I determined it was not safe and I was not sure if I could keep VLOS so I landed.

Minimum Weather Conditions​

901.34 No pilot shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system unless the weather conditions at the time of flight permit

• (a) the operation to be conducted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions; and
  • (b) the pilot of the system and any visual observer to conduct the entire flight within visual line-of-sight.

Yes well I am in Canada so the FAA has nothing to do with my flights.
After take off as PIC I determined it was not safe and I was not sure if I could keep VLOS so I landed.

Minimum Weather Conditions​

901.34 No pilot shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system unless the weather conditions at the time of flight permit

• (a) the operation to be conducted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions; and
  • (b) the pilot of the system and any visual observer to conduct the entire flight within visual line-of-sight.
I know you are in Canada. I was simply saying what the FAA expects. Has nothing to do with you or your video

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Close to Thunder Bay
If that's where you are, maybe you could make a video for Ian Tamblyn's song "Hometown"?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Copyrighted music and all that (I've linked the official version), but Ian's a prolific artist always looking for new projects. If you're interested it wouldn't hurt to ask.

(Bit of a Tamblyn fan, I admit. I've got every one of his albums.)

I've got to get to Northern Ontario — been meaning to ever since Ian released Superior: Light and Spirit. I finally have the time and the fourth wave approaches… Hopefully we'll have a good handle on the pandemic by next year…

Reactions: Tufargon
If that's where you are, maybe you could make a video for Ian Tamblyn's song "Hometown"?

Copyrighted music and all that (I've linked the official version), but Ian's a prolific artist always looking for new projects. If you're interested it wouldn't hurt to ask.

(Bit of a Tamblyn fan, I admit. I've got every one of his albums.)

I've got to get to Northern Ontario — been meaning to ever since Ian released Superior: Light and Spirit. I finally have the time and the fourth wave approaches… Hopefully we'll have a good handle on the pandemic by next year…
LOL
Well I leave such things like that up to the professionals. ;)

Perhaps I should have said to foggy to fly very far. LOL But yes it was in the air so it did fly.

Perhaps I should have said to foggy to fly very far. LOL But yes it was in the air so it did fly.
Been there, done that. Straight up as far as I could maintain VLOS, grab shots, straight down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marriedwithchildren